Anybody into BBQ ?

Before i go spending a small fortiune on a meat temp probe from Weber, is there any good cheap ones on the market that will do the job , i think i would like to have one you put in at beginning and just leave it there ,digital read out,
Ummm, two things:
1. If you leave your probe stuck into your meat, the metal of the probe itself is a better conductor of heat than your food, so chances are the reading will be inaccurate.
2. Digital? ie, powered by a battery? In an oven? What could possibly go wrong?

I'd suggest just getting a cheap digital probe thermometer from a catering supplies shop. Average price around $15. Just poke it into the thickest part when you're ready.

Ummm, two things:
1. If you leave your probe stuck into your meat, the metal of the probe itself is a better conductor of heat than your food, so chances are the reading will be inaccurate.
2. Digital? ie, powered by a battery? In an oven? What could possibly go wrong?

I'd suggest just getting a cheap digital probe thermometer from a catering supplies shop. Average price around $15. Just poke it into the thickest part when you're ready.
In case your weren't joking...Probe goes in the meat, wire comes from probe to monitor, outside the bbq, which is powered by battery