AC blade identification from cutouts

Gargravarr

Our resident snake charmer
From time to time the authenticity of some Artist Club blades has come into question (most recently via PMs). For some reason, the most common knockoffs that I've seen are the Kai blades on AliExpress. A good way to satisfy yourself of this is to look at the cutouts on the blade. Each manufacturer does it differently.

So I've gone through my discarded blades (hence the rust) to show examples of the common ones.

From top to bottom:
Schick Proline P-30
Kai Captain Titan Mild (PINK) - note blurple tinge at edge from heat treatment
Proshave S
Feather
Chinese No-Name

PXL-20240422-235531161-PORTRAIT-ORIGINAL.jpg

I was the one that asked via PM as I was going to buy 200 Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink blades from an eBay seller in Japan (I still might as I'm just waiting to hear back from that seller as I asked him to ask the manufacturer. I don't think the blades are "fake" in this case, but maybe a rebranding issue/packaging change). However, the picture showed the blade without the "Pink" branding so I wasn't sure if they're the same blade and if the label/packet has changed. I didn't want to buy 200 of a different/wrong blade that might not work for me.

There was also a thread about it over at Badger & Blade, as other people weren't sure if the ones without "pink" on the box were the same blades, but no one knew for sure. One person emailed Kai, but they never got back to him. Hopefully the eBay seller can find out for me and I'll post here if he/she does.

By the way, in the pictures above, the 4th blade, the Feather is the Feather Professional Super, the Feather Professional is the same in the middle holes/cutouts, but doesn't have that little indent on the backside opposite the razor edge, it's just straight on the backend in case anyone wanted to know the difference between the two.

By the way, in the pictures above, the 4th blade, the Feather is the Feather Professional Super, the Feather Professional is the same in the middle holes/cutouts, but doesn't have that little indent on the backside opposite the razor edge, it's just straight on the backend in case anyone wanted to know the difference between the two.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. My bad for assuming both Feather blades would be the same. I might have another rummage in my blade bank and post an update.

Incidentally, my blade bank is a used one of these, with a slot cut in the lid:
officer-denmark-pressed-cod.png

Mine is now getting extremely full, so I shall soon empty the contents into an empty tin can and hammer the top shut. Then it's safe to take to the tip along with all the other steel recycling.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. My bad for assuming both Feather blades would be the same. I might have another rummage in my blade bank and post an update.

Incidentally, my blade bank is a used one of these, with a slot cut in the lid:
officer-denmark-pressed-cod.png

Mine is now getting extremely full, so I shall soon empty the contents into an empty tin can and hammer the top shut. Then it's safe to take to the tip along with all the other steel recycling.
If you go to one of the " dollar shops" they usually have steel money boxes with Australian currency printed on the outside.
I have one ,8 years old and about 60% full,cost $1.50 .
When full just put in recycle bin