3rd Razor: Karve Overlander - ????- Blackland Blackbird

CTP

Worth noting - I’m a head shaver - not a chubby cheek shaver ;)

I’m fortunate enough to own both a Karve Overlander and a Blackland Blackbird.

I love the blackbird - the look, the weight, the feel. But, it’s aggressive… even with a “mellower” blade. I’ve had quite a few nicks now and tend to only pick it up when I have the patience to have a super focussed head shave.

The Karve Overlander is also fantastic. Very soft and mellow. Nostalgic shaves like using a Mach 3 for the first time. IMO better than a Merkur 34c for a newbie. This has slowly become my go to razor.

Looking to add a 3rd DE to the arsenal. Want to get something in between the Blackbird and Overlander.

Open to recommendations :0)

Chris

I would recommend you get a Blackland Vector for bald-head shavers

Paging @Gargravarr the old fart Tassie bald shavers
Yep, the Vector excels at shaving the noggin. Slips behind the ears nicely, and wide enough to clean up the back of your neck in no time.I can't say how it compares to the others you've tried, but most people like it. If you're set on a DE, you could do worse than a Timeless .95.

Any advice on where to pick up a Blutt BR1?

Is straight off their website the best option?

…. Does anyone have a discount code lol

Any advice on where to pick up a Blutt BR1?

Is straight off their website the best option?

…. Does anyone have a discount code lol
BR1’s seldom come up for sale on BST but keep your eyes open. Buying from the website is where I purchase the majority of my razors. Good luck, you’ll enjoy it

I feel like Alice going down the rabbit hole. Got to admit with all the website browsing I’ve done I seem to have completely skipped over the whole concept of SE AC blades.

I’ve watched heaps of videos today on the Vector and can see why it is so appealing.

I think this months “treat ya self” purchase could end up being a Vector lol.

Thankyou all for your help

^^^^ may have just had an online accident. It’s just to arrive in the next 10-20 days. Hopefully wifey doesn’t mind 🤪
I thought looking and hard before buying my Vector, and haven't regretted it for an instant. There's a fair chance that rather than being your third razor, it may end up being your first.