Weekly Razor Review

Wolfman WR1 Ti 0.54mm OC – Darwin Handle (Canada)

Wolfman’s WR1 razors have been available for years and are popular with many users; unfortunately, some of the results I have achieved with the WR1 has not fully converted me. In saying that, there have been some good shaves, but thinking back, it has been the OC version that has impressed me, so the selection of the OC plate was made with that concept as my foundation. I thought long and hard about the efficiency level for this WR1 before eventually decided on the 0.54mm plate, it’s milder than the standard Wolfman plate but maybe it’s what I need. Setting a WR1 apart from other razors is its great design and they have the lightest possible head with blade clamping at the very edge of the cap. To complete the package, I selected a Darwin handle, all in titanium and finished in a brushed matte finish; spectacular is an understatement.

Wolfman do not provide identification for the plate on their razors, and this can, at times become confusing. My results from this razor correspond precisely with those I achieved when I reviewed the WR1, 0.61mm OC razor, not that there is anything to complain about with that result. Karve CB Level #C efficiency and a very pleasant amount of blade feel made for a smooth and comfortable shave. There was light feel of the teeth from the open comb, but it was not at all unpleasant, those teeth simply caressed the face as they passed over. I’ve never noted previously just how spindly the Wolfman’s Darwin handle felt in use; there was never any loss in control, it just felt like it required a bit of beefing out in the forward gripping section. Absolutely loved using this WR1, that was enjoyable shaving.

Blades Used – Wizamet Polsilver and Willy’s

Material – Grade 5 Titanium

Weight – 46g

Blade Tab - Exposed

Head Width – 41.58mm

Handle Length – 89.93mm

Handle Diameter – Darwin style

Availability – Wolfman

Final Word – Wow

Great review @Errol, and a nice looking razor. Is that the premium brushed finish or the basic brushed? It looks nice. As of today, I'm up to week 7 on the waitlist for my WR4, so I haven't yet had that conversation.
I’m pretty sure I just requested the brush finish. On the titanium, I don’t think there is premium or basic. You must be getting close to that important email so work out exactly what you want. After payment is made, there are no changes. Hang in there it will be worth the wait.