Tools

pablo_h

Tools is a man drawer item is it not? I don;t know as I have a 'man room' full of stuff, plus 'man sheds' The video was pretty funny though.
Is this a new sub forum?
I'm a tradie, and nothing more manly that utes and tools.
Share tool bargains spotted in this thread. Some cheap stuff is good, most is rubbish, so help others when you find something good I guess.

No manly tools for me this week though, just a hakka fx 888 soldering station I bought last week. Soldering is so much easier now, was almost impossible with a crappy 30W iron. Now to repair some motherboards with dodgey capacitors...

My tool bargains though, anything crescent branded at DSE (electrical screwdrivers, sometimes they have full kits with sockets etc. Good stuff, and cheap. I think when bunnings sold crescent gear, they charged $50 just for pliers.
Ozito - some is rubbish, but the rotary hammer drill was awesome, huge bastard, but I use it all the time for core drilling at work and it goes fine still after all these years.
The grey ozito batter screwdriver is awesome too, I've tried every main brand and broke them, the $20 ozito seems to hold a charge the longest and has decent torque.

Last edited:
I have hex bits for my drill to [strike]build[/strike] destroy allen key screws and hold them up as a trophy while furniture remains unbuilt.
Priorities man.

Allen keys are trophies of the furniture your have built. They go in the Man Drawer.

So why is it that the price of the furniture is inverse to the quality of the HEX (correctly named) key?