SR Shaving Is Getting Boring

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
As some may have read, I am in the middle of moving into my first own house. The move is on Wednesday 13 March. Early last week I started packing everything up ready for this move, including my shaving gear. That was a mistake.

After packing up my shaving gear, I left my travel kit out to shave with until my shaving gear is unpacked in my new house. Using the same razor, soaps and brush daily for over a week is getting boring!

Don't get me wrong. The Titan ACRO T.H-70 is lovely to shave with but I really miss the different personalities that my other SRs have. Hopefully only another 3 or 4 more shaves with this Titan before I can get back to more enjoyment with different SRs.

Having never married or had children (that I know of), divorce is not on my cards. Moving is another matter.

During my life I have moved about a dozen times. Some of those moves have been to different countries. I have often moved just taking what I could fit into a couple of suitcases and abandoned the rest of my worldly possessions. This has been a blessing in disguise. It very much declutters your life.

This move is different. As I get even older, it becomes a little harder. Still, I have some friends who are helping me. Fortunately it is a local move, only about 60km into town.

My SR shaving boredom is over. On Thursday evening I found some of my SRs in amongst my stuff. Joy is back in my life.
Glad to hear that. I think my two long-neglected straights went AWOL during my move from Perth to Adelaide Hills or from there to TAS. My own damascus kamisori would have been an interesting choice, wrapped as it was in my fundoshi. (Actually, just hospital gauze, but if I don't tootle my own flügelhorn, nobody else will :LOL: )