Not open for further replies.
2aZMSrw.png

Razor: Monocero Husaria Solid Bar
Blade: Pesonna Platinum
Brush: Shave Forge 24mm SHD Silvertip Badger
Soap: LEA Mentholated Shaving Cream

Last edited:
ARKO August

I am really taking to my shaves off this Adaee #12000 Cnat. This morning I had one of my most comfortable shaves ever. The Gold Dollar W59 is a favourite SR of mine to shave with, mainly because it demands total concentration.

full

I am not quite ready to start finishing all of my SRs on this Cnat, but it is getting tempting.

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Copper Ore" 30mm DScosmetic G7
Soap: Valobra + 2 drops rose EO 3%
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM Stainless
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne
COTD: Rante Kapua Torajah, Sulawesi

Still giving the new knot a workout. It's interesting, with so many knots being designed to emulate the action of natural bristles, these guys appear to have attempted something different, to go beyond what's even possible with a natural. It's sort of like a Tuxedo on steroids (but without the prickle), it lathers like a beast.

s.png

Soap: Valobra + 2 drops rose EO 3%
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

Still giving the new knot a workout. It's interesting, with so many knots being designed to emulate the action of natural bristles, these guys appear to have attempted something different, to go beyond what's even possible with a natural. It's sort of like a Tuxedo on steroids (but without the prickle), it lathers like a beast.

So hour saying my new G5C has already been surpassed? :p

So hour saying my new G5C has already been surpassed? :p
No, this knot doesn't surpass the G5C in any way. The AP knot is way more luxurious to use. But the G7 is an interesting knot to have in your den as well. I was really just curious to see what it was like, and I already had a suitable handle. I'm pretty sure that if you buy one already set in a handle, it will almost certainly be planted too deep.

Monocero Husaria engineered excellence!
o0zOI7a.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Simpson - Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap:- Squadron - Red Lead
Razor: Monocero Husaria MIX
Blade:- Astra SP (1)
Aftershave:- Squadron - Red Lead

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Klar Seifen shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable razor (6)
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum (3)
Post-shave: Pitralon 'Swiss' splash
Fragrance: Miller Harris feuille de tabac EDP

Nice start

HojseO9l.jpg

1.png

Soap: Mystic Water - Jeff's Lavender
Post-shave: Shower, Thayer's witch hazel w/- cucumber, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, Stirling Bergamot Lavender EDT

NuRpKyc.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli
Brush: RazorRock 400
Razor: Feather DX
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Going to do a head to head with the Feather and the Essence later this week.Todays shave broke in another new Pro blade so that the playing field is a level one.

Pre-shave: Hot shower, Proraso Pre-shave
Brush: Omega Silvertip
Soap: SV Cubebe
Razor: Joseph Rodgers & Sons
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel, Cubebe EDP

SWEET!

Almost makes me want to try straights - then I snap out of it.

Go on.

It's just like parachuting, there's nothing you can't learn as you go.....

I've jumped out of a plane - strapped to somebody who knew what they were doing.

I'll sharp every morning with a sharp blade - honed by somebody who knew what they were doing.

Mind you, if I was every to take up straights I'd have to look at what was on offer in the P&C Charity Auction [2-8 October] just in case there was something spectacular ...

Status
Not open for further replies.