sharpening services

PapaDooks

can anyone recommend a good one please ?
am a new south welshman if that makes any difference to who you would suggest :D

can anyone recommend a good one please ?
am a new south welshman if that makes any difference to who you would suggest :D
@Havachat45 makes a good offer. [emoji106]

I also highly recommend @Mark (North-West Sydney). He would be one of the best - if not the best - Honemeisters in Australia.

I also recommend @Mark. He took my completely blunt Hoshitombo (after I had taken all edge off restoring it) and returned it shave ready state in no time.
Great customer service too.

@Havachat45 if it was just my personal razor i'd so take you up on your generous offer mate.At present though i'm in negotiations with a family member to get my hands on a set of about a dozen turn of the century straight razors owned by a barber from the family so i dare say will be some pitting and the such to work around. soon as i know more @Mark i'll definately fire a pic off to you

Thanks for the recommendation guys. More than happy to help, send me a message at any time. If you could shoot me a photo or two it would be a great starting point.
Oh look at that egotism, I'm positive they're talking about Mark in ACT, nah not that one that pretends to live in ACT, yet actually lives outside it's borders, the other one, with a mild case of Gillette OCD. ;)

@Havachat45 if it was just my personal razor i'd so take you up on your generous offer mate.At present though i'm in negotiations with a family member to get my hands on a set of about a dozen turn of the century straight razors owned by a barber from the family so i dare say will be some pitting and the such to work around. soon as i know more @Mark i'll definately fire a pic off to you
I've a good friend that is an expert in this field and he has advised me they're worth $5 each at best.
They will require restoration, possibly new parts, which to find period correct parts is not easy, let alone experts that are able to work with these materials.
So what would you like to do with them ?
I could exchange them for a Microtouch One Razor, that I endorse if you're seeking a close shave.

@borked Wow a whole 5 dolla each ? i was only expecting 2fitty. i'm gunna be richish :p
Deal! (before that Demtel guy pops his head in with free steak knives and what not) ;)