Review Semogue Owner's Club 2 Band Badger Brush

SpeedyPC

NEEDS more soaps ...
Grand Society
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
G'day ;)

Just in case if anybody haven't heard of a new Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest (best) Badger Brush in Cherry Wood it becoming very popular for those who can't afford a very high quality badger brush and is very similar to a Duke 3 Best.
  • Engraved Cherry Wood Handle
  • 2 Band Finest Badger Hair
  • 24mm Knot
  • 57mm Handle
  • 53mm Loft
DSC05469-189x250.jpg
DSC05471-300x223.jpg
DSC05473-300x189.jpg
DSC05470-254x250.jpg

@pyrokov I've ordered mine yesterday and I'll receive it hopefully this Friday and I'll give my review on Monday or Tuesday, I'm just planning ahead of time that's all.

Last edited:
Been a few "review" threads that just have links :) so good to see a review coming on this one... Looking forward to it

Been a few "review" threads that just have links :) so good to see a review coming on this one... Looking forward to it

@Korbz me too and don't worry you'll get my review, I'm hoping my SOC 2 Band Badger arrived this Friday so I can give this brush a good clean before I start using it otherwise I'll get a bad rash ;).

I've actually been meaning to buy one of these for months now, but every time i think of trying out badger or getting another boar I'm just instantly reminded of how you could possibly get a better knot than STF2

Mühle SilverTip Fibre V2

Where did you order from? I would'nt mind getting in on a bit SOC action. Beautiful looking brush

@Anthony Hunter I've got my Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest (best) Badger Brush in Cherry Wood from the Stray Whisker at $120 including free shipping for over $80, as far as the cheapest price on the international world wide market is the @Gifts&Care.com for around $95 AUD to have it shipped to Australia

http://thestraywhisker.com.au/semogue-owners-club-2-band-badger-brush-soc-cherry-wood/

Edit:- The Stray Whisker is the only supplier in Australia that sells the Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest (best) Badger Brush in Cherry Wood.

Last edited:
@Anthony Hunter I've got my Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest (best) Badger Brush in Cherry Wood from the Stray Whisker at $120 including free shipping for over $80, as far as the cheapest price on the international world wide market is the @Gifts&Care.com for around $95 AUD to have it shipped to Australia

http://thestraywhisker.com.au/semogue-owners-club-2-band-badger-brush-soc-cherry-wood/

Edit:- The Stray Whisker is the only supplier in Australia that sells the Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest (best) Badger Brush in Cherry Wood.
I had a look at the Stray Whisker, i think that it may be my next purchase. They are doing the brush with a soap as well.

After I've given this brush a real good clean and drying time before using the brush for the first time, I wasn't going to bowl lather this afternoon so I've decided to face lather away using the Tabac soap and while I'm getting much lather on the brush and ready to rock'en roll with this new Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest Badger Brush in Cherry Wood.

WOW! :eek: This brush felt scritchy on my face both dry and after being soaked for a few minutes as this brush was not as pleasant as I expected, this is very normal when using this brush for the first time. Don't worry the tips will soften up after at least 3 weeks of used and I'm not complaining about how long will this take to soften up so just be very patient, I'm amazed to see and feel the backbone is almost the same as my Duke 3 Best and the brush is not as dense or compacted as a Chubby 2 as is pretty close to Duke 3 which I'm very happy about this.

The wooden handle is exactly the same shape, size and length as my Semogue SOC Boar and feels great holding the brush while face lathering no issue at all, as I said before the brush felt scritchy first time on my face while lathering up so don't worry about it. What I'm really amazed to see was this brush lathered up fairly quick nice thick and slick lather which is good, and the brush can hold the lather soaps up too at least 4 or 5 passes which is great two thumbs up. Also you really have to watch out as this brush can hold a lot of water as a Duke 3 while lathering your face can get very messy all over you and on the floor so be careful.

The Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest Badger Brush in Cherry Wood looks fantastic good size knot 24mm and the loft is 53mm is much longer than my Duke 3 and Chubby 2 Best, the brush looks "large medium" or "small large" because the loft is longer which means this will bloom very BIG and wide against the Duke 3 Best on your face after a while so this looks great.

Cheers ;) and I hope this is enough information from my own point of view on the Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest Badger Brush in Cherry Wood, and I must say this brush is worth buying as long as you're very patient the tips of this brush will soften up at least 3 weeks of used.

Last edited:
Would be good to hear your thoughts in 2-3 weeks, once I have used the brush extensively and it has broken in...

Me too, do update after 2-3 weeks. Curious about the SOC 2 band.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also found a quicker way to soften the tips on the Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest Badger a gentleman I've met at the lodge said give your hands a real good clean and take the brush with you while you're watching TV, and pretend that you're hand lathering your brush back and forth do this for 45mins each day or night for at least a week or two while you're watching TV and the tips will soften up as you go along and he agree it may take at least 3 weeks for the tip to get soften.

Also found a quicker way to soften the tips on the Semogue Owner's Club 2- Band Finest Badger a gentleman I've met at the lodge said give your hands a real good clean and take the brush with you while you're watching TV, and pretend that you're hand lathering your brush back and forth do this for 45mins each day or night for at least a week or two while you're watching TV and the tips will soften up as you go along and he agree it may take at least 3 weeks for the tip to get soften.

Who has time to watch that much TV :)