PIF No. 16 (Worldwide) - Shave-ready Modified Gold Dollar 66 (Guess the Number)

rbscebu

Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia
Note: There are still shave-ready new razors available in PIF No. 11.

This razor comes from my own Special Reserve Collection (to make room for another). The razor is a pre-2022 Gold Dollar 66 modified as follows:
  • Pont re-ground to the French style.
  • Heel modified for easier honing.
  • Jimping ground off and a thumb notch added.
  • Blade semi-polished to a satin finish.
  • Re-scaled in Queensland black-bean timber with cyanoacrylate finish inside and out..
This is the very razor that won the silver medal in the 2023 International GD66 Modding Competition.

9fVjX9h.jpg

8yhgXq0.jpg

0lX0OfS.jpg

m0NDvEm.jpg

qwgNm0L.jpg

czVbR7q.jpg

Technical Details (approximate measurements):

Maker = Ningbo Gold Dollar Razor & Scissors Manufacture Co., Ltd., Zhejiang, China​
Model = Gold Dollar 66 (modified)​
Year of manufacture = pre-2022​
Blade material = high carbon steel​
Blade finish = satin​
Point style = French​
Grind = half hollow​
Blade width = 21mm (⅞)​
Bevel angle = 19.1°​
Blade thickness = 0.36mm at top of bevel​
Edge length = 67mm​
Smile = <0.5mm​
Stabilizers = one each side​
Jimps = none​
Tail length = 22mm opened 270°​
Scales material = Queensland black bean (castanospermum australe) timber​
Pins = 2 of brass​
Wedge = tapered of 60/40 lead/tin alloy​
Length closed = 165mm​
Balance (opened 180°) = 9mm from pivot pin towards blade​
Mass = 60g​

Condition:

This straight razor is in as-new shave-ready (to my standard) condition. The spine shows just a slight amount of wear from its initial honing and has only been used about half-a-dozen times on my silken whiskers. The razor's edge has been finished on diamond pasted balsa down to 0.1μm and then stropped on clean Kyrgyzstan calf leather. It is supplied ready to use.​

Note: This razor may not be suitable for a beginner due to its sharp pointy toe. However, the toe may be muted by the winner to his preference.​

Rules:

1. This PIF is open to members worldwide.​
2. You must have been a member of P&C on 15 February 2024.​
3. The winner is to pay postage within 72 hours of winning (see postal rates below).​
4. The PIF remains open until won.​

How to enter:

This PIF requires some lucky guesses. I have thought of a number between 1 and 20 inclusive. You need to guess that number (a whole number and it is not 8 that won the last PIF). You are allowed multiple guesses however each of your guesses must be at least 24 hours apart.​
To win this PIF, just post "I'm in" with your guess of the number. [e.g., I'm in 15]. First to guess the correct number will win.​
If you find that this SR is not for you, all I ask is that you return the razor to me. I will then refresh the blade's edge and PIF it to another member.​

Postage Rates:

Australia = AU$2.80 delivered within 5 to 10 business days​
New Zealand = AU$17.60 (about US$11.40) delivered within 8 to 12 business days​
Asia/Pacific = AU$21.60 (about US$14.00) delivered within 10 to 18 business days​
US/Canada = AU$24.20 (about US$15.70) delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Europe/UK & Brazil = AU$29.60 (about US$19.25 delivered within 6 to 10 business days​
Rest of world = AU$35.60 (about US$23.00) delivered within 15 to 25 business days​