Linen strop ?

bald as

ARKO! dealer & walking ECG
As a quick DIY I made a suspended linen style strop this afternoon with some pine and upholsterer’s webbing. One side is jute and the other is a flexible synthetic webbing. Works absolutely brilliantly. My concern was possible blade damage but nothing at all under a scope.

Because it is less than the width of the blade stropping is X pattern.

Steve

As a quick DIY I made a suspended linen style strop this afternoon with some pine and upholsterer’s webbing. One side is jute and the other is a flexible synthetic webbing. Works absolutely brilliantly. My concern was possible blade damage but nothing at all under a scope.

Because it is less than the width of the blade stropping is X pattern.

Steve

So no damage Steve, but much help?
Where does it fit in your blade maintenance routine?

How do you tighten the linen when it inevitably stretches ?

Hi @borked, it is actually a very stretchy and strong material. I have stretched it to almost its maximum and it is quite tight. I'm not using much in the way of pressure when I strop on it. I doubt it will ever loose tension as it is actually designed for seat webbing.

@stillshunter I haven't worked out quite where it fits yet but I will be experimenting. Final hone - 10 - 20 laps on the synthetic linen - turn over and 10 - 20 laps on the jute then 50 laps on the leather. No damage to the blade though.

Steve

Fit as a vertical wall mount ?