Feather PIF

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Sick of trying them 'just one last time' only to carve my face up. I've only 4 and I'd throw them away, but that would be waste.

Anyone want them?

Given Pj might have confused the issue with SE talk - I'm talking Feather DE blades.

Last edited:
For one moment I thought you'd seen the light, become an SE shaver and were PIFing away all your blades. You need any SE blades PIFing?

For one moment I thought you'd seen the light, become an SE shaver and were PIFing away all your blades. You need any SE blades PIFing?

Unfortunately the Gem/Feather is still flaying my skin. Time to move on...

I don't know. You can lead a horse to water..... I on the other hand only ever get cut or any significant burn when I use a DE in an open comb around the mo area. Admittedly it's a bit unfair as it involves holding it at weird and too steep angles and scrubbing away but nonetheless I've grown to hate the thin, horrible little things.

Last edited:
Don't chuck em Drubs, next time we catch up I will take them off your hands.

I'll swap you a pack of Gillette Dark Plats for them.

Don't chuck em Drubs, next time we catch up I will take them off your hands.

I'll swap you a pack of Gillette Dark Plats for them.

Done. I have to get them out of the house one way or another before I'm tempted to try them again.

Firstly; thanks Drubs for the Feathers.

To anyone on this forum...if I ask you for Feathers again, or mention I am going to buy some, please stop me. Organise an intervention or something, I don't care.

I took my time and prepped and did all of the things to guarantee a good smooth shave. I still sliced my stupid sexy face up.

This time round I used one in a Gillette 74 SS razor, which is a lot less aggressive than my DE86 but managed to nick myself on the bottom of the neck on a downward pass.

I'll finish out the blade, give it another couple shaves to see if it's the freshness of the blade, maybe just to see if it improves with use. I doubt it will.

Give them another go. Some find they're too sharp first up. Others have corked them first, where they run them along a cork to tame them. I couldn't be arsed to try.

If it's any consolation, the Erasmic doesn't treat me well either. Haven't shaved with it, but lathered it up a few times, and it gives me the 'bluebeards'.

Happy to return it it or pif it on.

But the Gillette plats are promising...

Shame about the Erasmic. PIF it on mate maybe PJ will try it.
Like I said, I will see if the experience improves with the Feathers. Corking eh?
Glad to hear the Plats are good. One of my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be too harsh on the old Feathers. I always keep some around for the few razors that I find work MUCH better with them.

I had a Red Ring for a while. It was TERRIBLE with all my usual favourite blades - lots of irritation and razor burn. I chucked a Feather in and knew what all the fuss was about in relation to these razors - sensational shave.

They are not for every razor but they make some just sing!

Yes, the Red Rings are a nice razor, but very hard to find. Be willing to pay Bottom-Dial style prices....

I went with a feather this morning. Not the smoothest, but certainly was effortless.

Mark, what do you mean by a Red Ring?

What they said. An Eclipse Red Ring. [Sigh] Relly wonder why I sold mine now.....