DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

lp9xCgul.jpg

Last night.

Bundy Liqueur, Banana and Toffee. Beautiful (y)

p1OoePWl.jpg

Samuel Smith Organic Pale Ale

Hmm, according to the website -

Brewed with well water (the original well at the Old Brewery, sunk in 1758, is still in use, with the hard well water being drawn from 85 feet underground); best barley malt, yeast and aromatic hops; fermented in ‘stone Yorkshire squares’ to create a full, rounded flavour and after-taste.

p1OoePWl.jpg

Samuel Smith Organic Pale Ale

Hmm, according to the website -

Brewed with well water (the original well at the Old Brewery, sunk in 1758, is still in use, with the hard well water being drawn from 85 feet underground); best barley malt, yeast and aromatic hops; fermented in ‘stone Yorkshire squares’ to create a full, rounded flavour and after-taste.
Do you have to drink it at room temperature 😂😂😂

The point is not to drink it at the temperature of a heated room, the barrel (if used) is kept in a cool cellar. Refrigerating the hell out of it masks the flavour, same as it does for any wine.

I have this argument with lovers of red wine. Red is supposed to be enjoyed at room temperature. What Australians seem to forget is that, it's European room temperature and unlike here, it's not 21C, it's around 14C.

I have this argument with lovers of red wine. Red is supposed to be enjoyed at room temperature. What Australians seem to forget is that, it's European room temperature and unlike here, it's not 21C, it's around 14C.

Yeah the Grange Hermitage is really not at its best sitting outside next to the BBQ at 40C in summer ... :eek:

Unfortunately, I'll probably never know 😔

🤣🤣🤣

back in the 1980s I worked in a professional accounting firm. At a staff retreat the boss passed me the wine list and I facetiously said I didn't need to look at it, we would start with a bottle of Dom and then have the Grange with the meal.

and.

we.

did.

:oops::oops::oops:

Mind you in those days Penfolds St Henri was a regular feature in our wine diet and Henschke Hill of Grace a regular feature on special occasions. Well outside my budget now ...

Mind you in those days Penfolds St Henri was a regular feature in our wine diet and Henschke Hill of Grace a regular feature on special occasions. Well outside my budget now ...
The 80s were a good time for Australian wine. I remember Wynn's Coonawarra Hermitage used to go for $3 in the bargain bin at my local bottle shop in Nedlands, then some complete and utter bastard of a wine critic wrote it up and the price increased tenfold overnight, and I could no longer afford it...

Agreed, in those conditions is really only good for use as as marinade! Gives the onions a nice flavour...

I confess to having 'cleaned' my teeth with the leftover dregs of Moet & Chandon once, just to say I have. This is along similar lines!

I once heard a salesman at Dan Murphy's telling a customer that he has an atomiser bottle filled with Port Charlotte that he uses as a cologne. :whistle:

All class!