Caran d'Ache Leman De Nuit Ballpoint Pen

Fascinating as your two pens are identical as you say, I'm sure that my rollerball (which I hardly use) is a little thinner. I'll try to remember to look next week.

Personally I've not bothered with a converter and ink. I find that the 'Mysterious Blue' in the cartridges works for me -

waterman-ink-cartridges.jpg
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that Mysterious Blue

Waterman Laureat Mk II – Fountain Pen and Rollerball Set

I had a great week on the Waterman front. Thanks @Mark1966 for your enabling, my Laureat Mk II fountain pen and rollerball set arrived, along with a rollerball refill and a bottle of Waterman black ink that I ordered separately. Both the fountain pen and the rollerball appear identical when closed and are splendid in their red marble with gold trim. Laureat MK II’s were made in the 1990’s so it was good to see that there is no sign of wear on either the fountain pen or the rollerball pen but they have both been used. The refill in the rollerball was not delivering so I immediately fitted the replacement refill, made sure it worked and put it back in the case. It was the fountain pen that attracted my attention; I thought I was going to receive a converter with the pen, it was probably there but in my hurry I’ve thrown it out with the packaging. As suggested by the seller I removed the cartridge that was in the pen and flushed the whole nib mechanism under running water till there was no more signs of ink; in our climate the whole thing was dry in a very short time. Taking a look at the abandoned cartridge I noted that it was near full so I put it back on the pen. You beauty, ink was now flowing to the nib and I was away. It was not used much but from the little I did use it, very impressive, now looking forward to getting in the swing of using a fountain pen.
Congrats on the new score. But be warned, fountain pens are an even deeper rabbit-hole than razors. :) And inks are even worse. You can spend a lot of money trying to find that perfect blue. Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: I think I might have a spare converter kicking around, I could send it to you when I find it if you like. In the meantime, many people go with refilling cartridges, an easy process with a syringe, and it gives you a much better choice of colours. Cartridges hold quite a bit more ink than the converters do.

Congrats on the new score. But be warned, fountain pens are an even deeper rabbit-hole than razors. :) And inks are even worse. You can spend a lot of money trying to find that perfect blue. Ask me how I know... :rolleyes: I think I might have a spare converter kicking around, I could send it to you when I find it if you like. In the meantime, many people go with refilling cartridges, an easy process with a syringe, and it gives you a much better choice of colours. Cartridges hold quite a bit more ink than the converters do.

Thanks for the offer but I have a converter coming. Probably end up with a combination of cartridge and converter.

Fascinating as your two pens are identical as you say, I'm sure that my rollerball (which I hardly use) is a little thinner. I'll try to remember to look next week.

I did look, and memory served me correctly!

BEtQ0t5l.jpg
5OePTuyl.jpg

Diameter difference best shown here -

7jE8DAbl.jpg

I wonder if I have an earlier model?