Klinker's August 2022 SHAVING Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time with either of these brands :0)

C41-D6-D0-C-6-AC6-4197-919-C-30-AF3-B090-E57.jpg

At first glance I thought that card said Groom Yourself IN New Places - with the image of the straight razor immediately after it.

Ummm, NO THANKS!

First time with either of these brands :0)

C41-D6-D0-C-6-AC6-4197-919-C-30-AF3-B090-E57.jpg

I've not used T&D's shave cream but if it's anything like their other products, it will be a great shave. They aren't cheap, but their products are so good, I don't care.

Reactions: CTP
That was quick :) Hope you like it as much as I do (though mine is 28mm)...

I am sure I will.. I actually still like the yaqi knots, yeah they dont feel like the real deal on your face but man they lather up so well.. so from what I read from you i should love this one and 26mm is about as big as I want/need to go.

havnt seen it in person yet, those pics were from the missus.. so looking forward to seeing it

I actually have a 24mm Lansky HD that is being looked after by @TroyTools as we speak :) and the G5C will be on its merry way to him shortly also (y)

I am sure I will.. I actually still like the yaqi knots, yeah they dont feel like the real deal on your face but man they lather up so well.. so from what I read from you i should love this one and 26mm is about as big as I want/need to go.

havnt seen it in person yet, those pics were from the missus.. so looking forward to seeing it

I actually have a 24mm Lansky HD that is being looked after by @TroyTools as we speak :) and the G5C will be on its merry way to him shortly also (y)
Really looking forward to seeing what @TroyTools creates for your new brushes and how you find the G5 knots as resisting the urge to add another of his brushes with a G5C knot!!! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Really looking forward to seeing what @TroyTools creates for your new brushes and how you find the G5 knots as resisting the urge to add another of his brushes with a G5C knot!!! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

cant say much about how it lathers, yet.. but on first inspection it looks and feels nothing like a yaqi synthetic :)

The knot def has a more realistic look to it closely resembling a natural badger knot and has a nice 'spring' to it. When i apply slight downward pressure to begin a splay it has a more natural badger type spring back to it, even a bit of a 'scratchy, scrunchy' noise when splaying it.. whereas the yaqis, and also the oumo g5 def have a fake one dimensional spring to them. it also has the softest feel when i rub it on my face.

compared to the G5 it also feels more 'dense' but not way near as congested at the base of the knot as the oumo feels..

so far just from closely observing it, I am very impressed.. cant compare it to the lansky hd at all cos I havnt seen that at all at this stage, that went straight to the pool room as they say in the castle..

I currently own 20 odd brushes from boar, badger and a mix of synths so really don't need another brush but I'm seriously contemplating upgrading some brush handles with synthetic knots so just working on saving some $$$ to get things moving along...

vOnx38t.jpg

Cole Haan Brogue Oxford Black Wingtip Dress Shoes
Artesania Romera Red Heart Wood Shaving Brush 26mm Manchurian Badger knot
Red 1st Gen Filarmónica Doble Temple No 14 Jose' Monserrat Pou

Status
Not open for further replies.