Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Schick Superior Platinum (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 boar
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood

Final day of the conference - yippee!

Also the day I hit to bottom of the Mike's -

Not quite @Osman usage but nice to be making progress. Contemplating continuing to use this AFTER May to finish it off. I could be mad though to even think of it ...

Merkur 34C
Vokshod
Simpson Polo 8 Best
B&M Rhapsody
B&M Rhapsody Aftershave

Lovely outstanding shave. I finally got the lather perfect imo.
It seems that a great lather will simply slough off your face as you drag the razor across the hairs.

Effortless, delicious scent & a perfect way to start the day.

I find that a great shave really sets me up for the rest of the day.

26622301543_00a51b7b55_b.jpg

Jabonman, Shavemac, Gillette, Polsilver, Jabonman

A stellar shave, brought to me by @filobiblic and @FatBoy58.

20160525_082859 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr
Preshave: PAA Ice soap and Proraso Red preshave
Razor: Standard
Blade: Feather(1)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Mystic Water Sweet Briar(May Madness)
Post Shave: Gummy Balm and Fine American Blend
Three pass shave. Two passes was really enough but it was one of those shaves that I was just luxuriating in, so I did the third pass. One of the best shaves I have ever had. BBS all over and not a weeper to be seen or any irritation. The Gummy balm re-hydrated my skin with no greasy residue and the Fine American blend is a wonderful after shave with a beautiful scent. Well done @Mark1966 lets see if you can finish it by the end of the month. I had also contemplated continuing beyond the month to finish my soap, but as it turned out that was not necessary for me:whistle:.

Merkur 34C
Vokshod
Simpson Polo 8 Best
B&M Rhapsody
B&M Rhapsody Aftershave

Lovely outstanding shave. I finally got the lather perfect imo.
It seems that a great lather will simply slough off your face as you drag the razor across the hairs.

Effortless, delicious scent & a perfect way to start the day.

I find that a great shave really sets me up for the rest of the day.

Very happy to hear about your lather - now make me happy and post a picture of it :D

Razor: - Razorock Mission
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: - Semogue 2015HD Silvertip
Soap/Cream: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
Need a quick 2 pass shave this morning as I have a very big day head of me, and masonic the lodge this afternoon.

I got the Semogue 2015HD Silvertip as a gift from my brother and while I've given this brush a real good clean with shampoo twice before I used this and man the bloom is absolutely amazing, this brush is almost the same as a Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger however the badger hair is much softer the tips has no pin needles at all. You can start using the brush straight away and their is no break in period at all and the backbone is almost the same as the RazoRock Plissoft, which I am very please with it and very happy and it very easy to face lather in no time at all and it feels extremely comfortable on the face without any scritchy or soft pin needles during face lathering.

I ask my brother where he got this brush from and he told me he got it from the Gift&Care, cool so I check their website and this brush cost around $80AUD that's not bad for a Semogue 2015HD Silvertip for a high density knot you might want to check out this baby and it feels great without any issue on you're face. And further more IMO the Semogue 2015HD Silvertip is by far better than Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger without the soft pin needles during the shave, keep in mind the backbone is not the same as the SOC 2 Band because the 2015HD Silvertip can proform an amazing job lathering I believe you will love this brush and so do I.

Semogue 2015HD Silvertip
Knot diameter: 22 mm
Bristle loft: 57 mm
Handle height: 53 mm

Brush: Simpsons "The Duke" 2 Best Badger.
Soap: Shaver Heaven - Arctic Mango
Strop: Kanoyama #30'000 (how come no one lists the strop they used?)
Blade: Tanifuji 6/8 Full Hollow
Sooth: Thayers WH
Scent: PAA - Alfin

Pretty standard for me, only today I weighed the tub before and after.... 7g used.

Pre-Shave Prep Derma Protective Cream
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Mitchell Wool Fat
Razor Gillette/Otto Roth New OC
Blade GSB (3)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel
Aftershave Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Always a pleasure finishing a shave with the Clubman Special Reserve, but after two weeks of what can only be described as crap but socially acceptable shaves I've finally got back into StueyB acceptable shaves and the Special Reserve was the icing on the cake. Not up to DFS yet but getting there as I'm able to get more of my face wet.

Got a great lather with the MWF, just lacking with the prep.

20160525_SOTDSBWColBrush_zpsvruqk1gl.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V1
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Mystic Water Sample C
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Brilliant shave - silky smooth result and very relaxing. Only 1 more shave to got with this setup and I can't wait to use some of my other gear - beautiful restraint lather today - somehow matching the weather.

Pre: Pears transparent soap
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 pure
Soap: Shaver Heaven Peppermint Plus
After: Alum, Myrsol formula "C", Nivea soothing balm

Tried to do a 2 pass shave tonight. Had come home dripping wet from finishing work in the rain. Thought I would have a nice relaxing shower and a peaceful shave.
Should have brought out the DE89. I think I made the common mistake for a noob. I changed too many things for this shave.
Should have shaved WTG for the first pass.
Should have passed on the ATG pass.
Lots of "should have done this" moments tonight, and now I'm sitting here typing this with a neck on fire and little blood dots all over my face.
Anyway, on a lighter note I think the pears soap may be helping - certainly with the first pass at least.

Last edited:
You mean real men's strops? It's not the same unless you've crafted your own by stripping all the hair the skin with your teeth
Can it get any manlier than that? I couldn't think of anything else besides using their fangs as pre-shave scrub.

Sword: Schick L-Type
Suds: Gent's #4 Olive / Omega S10108
Salve: Myrsol Antesol

This is a magnificent razor. Big ups @nav1 for the hook-up!
The L-type is amazing!

Pre: Blind Barber Facewash
Razor: Muhle R41 on iKon OSS handle
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Soap: i Coloniali
After: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Another smooth shave with the R41. I really enjoy this razor, but I'm not sure it's a daily driver. Apart from anything else I don't need to shave for 48 hours after I use it. Also, I used it the other morning, before my coffee. That was a mistake; it demands focus.

Razor: Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage Schick Superior Platinum (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

I don't know if others are finding the same but I'm noticing lathering being much easier with a soap I'm using everyday. Is that because it is still damp from the day before and 'pre-bloomed' or is it technique? Maybe it is as I get to the lower regions of the tin there is something 'better' about the product there?

I have no answer to this but it is certainly something I'm noticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.