G'day from Perth

Welcome, Tom. Are you into wet shaving or just starting out?

Welcome mate!

So tell us a little abut yourself shaving wise :)

Welcome @TomG , what's your poison? D/E, S/E, straight, still undecided? In any event you've come to the right place, just keep a hold of your wallet as we are very good at spending other people's money! :ROFLMAO:

Welcome @TomG - I hope you'll have a great time here (y)

Please tell us a bit more about your shave set-up.

Thanks all for the welcome messages.

Background? Well, I was talking to a colleague about 6 years back, and he told me that he had just ordered a new shaving brush from London - the previous brush had lasted 25 years.
"Who was the vendor?", I asked.
D.R. Harris was the reply.
I ordered the same brush as my colleague, and a wooden Arlington Shaving bowl and puck, and also a spare puck.
Never looked back.

Current set-up:
Face wash with Musgo glycerin soap.
Whack on smidge of Proraso green Pre-post shave cream.
Brush: Savile Row 3824 silvertip.
Soap: DR Harris Arlington or Sandalwood
Razor: Feather AS-D2.
Blade: Feather.
Post-shave: Alum Block, Proraso Green Pre/Post cream.
Balm: Muhle Sea Buckthorn
Aftershave: DR Harris Arlington or Sandalwood.

And yes - I know about the madness. I caught the fever some time ago.
Nice to find some like-minded people.

Great story @TomG - funny how we all started!

I have a D R Harris Marlborough bowl and my travelling kit stick is Arlington from memory - great scents and good performance. The Sea Buckthorn is a great product as well.

Do you tend to stick to tried and true or mix things up and experiment?

Great story @TomG - funny how we all started!

I have a D R Harris Marlborough bowl and my travelling kit stick is Arlington from memory - great scents and good performance. The Sea Buckthorn is a great product as well.

Do you tend to stick to tried and true or mix things up and experiment?
To the detriment of my wallet, I mix and match.
Just didn't want to flood the post.

Welcome mate- it seems like it's not going to be too hard for you to fit in...

To the detriment of my wallet, I mix and match.
Just didn't want to flood the post.
It's your thread so go for your life! Make sure you include some good ones from your shelves so we can all realise that we also need them in our line up too. [emoji16]

So, do you mainly prefer the hard triple milled pucks from English Traditional companies...? Or do you have varieties of suds and salves from small batch artisans from across the globe? [emoji6] Please tell us you dig the Aussie products as much as our Colonial gaolers' contributions!

G'day @filobiblic. I started out with the hard triple-milled English soaps, and remain a fan.
Also use creams and hard sticks - I like to change things up.
I also use artisan soaps from Europe and US, but this is reasonably recent (last six months).
It was this Forum that made me aware of Shaver Heaven - I've placed an order with @Anthony Hunter to try out some local products.