Review Semogue Owner's Club 2 Band Badger Brush

Okay yesterday afternoon the Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger is starting to soften very slowly and nicely when the scritchy is starting to break in, and it making my face feels very gentle and getting softer along the way as I have to be very patient with the tips of this brush will soften up.

I've also try using some shampoo to help soften the tips after drying time after I've used brush for each shave, the shampoo will help soften the tips from scritchy, as I said before I have to be very patient as the tips of this brush will soften up along the way very nicely and very happy so far.

How's it progressing Speedy? Still not softening up?

How's it progressing Speedy? Still not softening up?

@Nonick the Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger is softening up slowly not quite like my Simpsons Best Badger yet, and it getting there slowly I wish their was a short cut however the shampoo is helping too. Problem is I have to keep using the brush because I can only shave every second day, I can't shave everyday because I have sensitive skin that why I have to be strong and patient as the tips of this brush will soften up along the way very nicely and very happy so far it could take at least 3 to 4 weeks.

Believe me the brush feels soft and the tips feels a little bit scritchy on my face because it's getting there soften up soon, as I said I wish there was a short cut and the only way to soften the tips is keep using the brush that all.

You can hand lather it every day though - no need to use it for your actual shave...

I have been hand lathering the SOC for a long time now before I actually used it. Hence, lately you will see a lot of the hot blonde. She is one fine lass.

Take your time and enjoy the break in time. I genuinely enjoy lathering up just to break a brush in. I have an unholy mare brush coming my way. So that will keep me busy for a bit. More contributions to the lather shots thread. Don't give up on the semogue!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been hand lathering the SOC for a long time now before I actually used it. Hence, lately you will see a lot of the hot blonde. She is one fine lass.

Take your time and enjoy the break in time. I genuinely enjoy lathering up just to break a brush in. I have an unholy mare brush coming my way. So that will keep me busy for a bit. More contributions to the lather shots thread. Don't give up on the semogue!

I think this is about the badger, not the boar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is about the badger, not the boar.

That's the scary bit. Semogues have a rep for a break in time but that's the boars. I've never heard of much of a break in for badger, which makes this unusual. Comments?

Not sure about badgers softening...

I've got a SOC 2 band badger. I like it. It's nowhere near as soft as my Shavemac silvertip, but it was heaps cheaper and has more backbone. I don't mind a little scrub from time to time either.

It's not the one brush that will make you sell all your others. But that brush doesn't exist IMO. Best to have a selection. I'm sure you own more than one outfit.

I know you all agree with me. You wouldn't be here otherwise.

Not sure about badgers softening...

I've got a SOC 2 band badger. I like it. It's nowhere near as soft as my Shavemac silvertip, but it was heaps cheaper and has more backbone. I don't mind a little scrub from time to time either.

It's not the one brush that will make you sell all your others. But that brush doesn't exist IMO. Best to have a selection. I'm sure you own more than one outfit.

I know you all agree with me. You wouldn't be here otherwise.
Agreed. Best to have a wide selection of brushes. More reason to shop shop [emoji12]

There are many many differing opinions about this whole badger brush softening/breaking in:

1 - Some knots definitely open up after a couple of shaves and therefore feel softer
2 - Some hair start to curl (more) and therefore feel more "gel" like
3 - But I have read, that badgers will also change their characteristics over a long period of time - and as they are natural hair it would make sense.

From my personal experience though: if they are still scritchy/prickly (I personally refer to it as pin needle like) after a couple uses - they will stay like that

I'm starting to love my SOC 2-Band Badger once the tips has soften up after about 15 or 20 used either hand or bowl lather the tips will soften up some hair will started to curl (more) and therefore starting to feel more like "gel" tips, and once this is done and starting to feel more like "gel" tips you can face lather without any scritching or scratchy feel and it worth the wait and it worth getting this SOC 2-Band Badger.

Try it and if you still don't like just sell it ;)