Best camera to take to Europe in September

Send the receipt over to me and I'll claim it for you me

You need the goods too :)

The Sony rx100 IV has been going great guns btw. Love the size compared to the SLR. And the photo quality is excellent.

The Sony rx100 IV has been going great guns btw. Love the size compared to the SLR. And the photo quality is excellent.

Are you rubbing it is?

OK, so I left it at home, my holidays pics are sub-par, @stillshunter will never talk to me, I purchased GBP150 perfume, so what!!!!! :)

Reactions: MrT
Yeah, a photography thread! Don't want to carry an APS-C because of the size? Don't want a point-to-shoot to immortalize your precious moments? Sony NEX is there for you! All the advantages dSLR with the size of a Point-to-shoot. All you need to do is to choose the lens that will accompany you on your adventure. Adventures sold separately.

So not all bad then. :)
Come on mate, play nice.
They're still trying to scrape together more than two members, so they can have a gathering :p

Shame I left my camera at home by mistake (missing out on the GST refund on the way out of Australia too BTW)

After not having had a chance to look at it beforehand I thought I should familiarise myself before I left so had a play the morning we left. it is still sitting there on the desk as far as I know....

Hmmm, maybe I should sell a lightly used camera - still in warranty .... (Actually I can't - was a Fathers Day gift)

Well all is not lost on the camera front.

My daughter left for Europe again about a week ago - away for a month over Christmas. Apart from the problems flowing from the current migrant/refugee issues in Europe which have cost her a fortune she is having a great time catching up with friends AND taking pictures with the Canon GX7! I suggested that she take it rather than her DSLR to save space and she is really enjoying it - although she is finding it less intuitive than the DSLR in relation to some of the more creative things she wants to do.

With thanks again to @stillshunter a sample picture from Amsterdam:

I'm not sure I thanked @stillshunter publicly either. We picked up the same camera for my wife, and she loves it.
And I do too as it means I don't have to carry so much weight when she isn't using it like I did with the DSLR.
Now before you start off on a DSLR not weighing much, I agree, but when you add water bottles, a baby and all his related paraphernalia it soon minutes up

I'm not sure I thanked @stillshunter publicly either. We picked up the same camera for my wife, and she loves it.

Almost deleted your post - don't want him to get a swollen head ...

And I do too as it means I don't have to carry so much weight when she isn't using it like I did with the DSLR.
Now before you start off on a DSLR not weighing much, I agree, but when you add water bottles, a baby and all his related paraphernalia it soon minutes up

Yep indeed! It does all add up. As an inspiring light traveller (one day I really want to do an overseas trip with JUST carry on) every gram counts!

As an inspiring light traveller (one day I really want to do an overseas trip with JUST carry on) every gram counts!

I used to do all my holidays with just carry-on,

until I met Wifebert

Well all is not lost on the camera front.

My daughter left for Europe again about a week ago - away for a month over Christmas. Apart from the problems flowing from the current migrant/refugee issues in Europe which have cost her a fortune she is having a great time catching up with friends AND taking pictures with the Canon GX7! I suggested that she take it rather than her DSLR to save space and she is really enjoying it - although she is finding it less intuitive than the DSLR in relation to some of the more creative things she wants to do.

With thanks again to @stillshunter a sample picture from Amsterdam:

Amsterdam, best city in the world.

Yes. Just means you have to make sure you can do laundry every 3-4 days.

Admittedly most of my trips are to SEA where it is generally warm so you don't need many layers, and a sarong can easily sub in for a towel.

Larger than normal - but worth it I think -

Balcony view, Swiss Alps, nigh time (a little after 10pm) - Canon Powershot G7X

Thinking about investing in a point and shoot camera, from reading here and elsewhere the Canon g7x and Sony rx100 iii seem to fit the bill. Don't think I'd use 4k video so no point getting the rx100 iv.

I have seen the g7x mark 2 has recently come out, is it worth shelling out a bit extra for the mark 2 or Is there something better coming out that's worth waiting for as I'm in no rush?

@stillshunter seems to be the resident expert but interested in everyone's opinions and any good deals going?