alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Don't get any Emails, when I receive a PM at the moment...

And now I don't get any emails from the site - nothing about threads I follow etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think a Tapatalk update had changed a few things. Noticed that the 'sent from my...'
Messages have popped back up even though I am certain I had previously stopped them.
Could it be Tapatalk settings for the sheets too?

Think a Tapatalk update had changed a few things. Noticed that the 'sent from my...'
Messages have popped back up even though I am certain I had previously stopped them.
Could it be Tapatalk settings for the sheets too?
Might be the culprit. Started receiving loads of messages from Tapatalk - then disabled everything...

But when I log on here, my preferences still tell me, that I should receive Emails...what to do?

Probably from the change in email system - we now have to relay via a 3rd party due to the Datacentre provider not allowing direct outbound email.

Let me investigate somewhat.

Emails should now be working - there was a system issue a number of days ago that reset our hostname. Working to get a permanent fix with our hosting provider.

The messages in the queue I am trying to get fixed to send.

Edit: now the Emails contain only the thread header, but not the rest - this changed somehow in the morning...

Yes, I made a change.... basically because people were replying to the email, and not to the PM.

Once I can work out how to edit the templates to add a big red 'DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL' then I will switch it back on.

Thanks - I'd really appreciate that.

PLEASE HELP!!! I am swamped with bloody emails and almost out of bandwidth until next month! I have unticked every box in my account that looks like it could help stop the flow... but all to no avail. Can someone please help?

Unfortunately I still don't understand that part of this site fully - other than going to your Alert preferences...