Display errors - fonts & buttons don't work

A restoration guide for different razors and materials they're made from would be awesome :)
Brushes also come to mind.

Yes, something like this is planned - but not in the help pages probably. The help pages will focus on help using the forum.

Question how do I add a user name next the @ symbol.

Please double click below screenshot thank you.

That Firefox issue seems really odd - I've tagged @Monsta_AU now so he can look at it.

In relation to adding a user name when I type '@' and follow with some characters a drop box appears to select the names from. See crop of screen shot below -

You then just select one from the list.

Oh dear - that looks awful!

Do you get that with all forum skins? On the bottom left of your screen you can change your forum skin. I think yours is default - try to change it to flat awesome or flat awesome dark and see how you go...

Oh dear - that looks awful!

Do you get that with all forum skins? On the bottom left of your screen you can change your forum skin. I think yours is default - try to change it to flat awesome or flat awesome dark and see how you go...

G'day alfredus,

Doesn't matter what colour forum skin I choose when using FF because I'm still having the same issue.

You are blocking our domain with NoScript. Add the domain as an exception and it will work.

While NoScript is a fantastic plugin, you need to realise that you are running it and it WILL create issues on sites. If you install it, it's up to you to troubleshoot it.

You are blocking our domain with NoScript. Add the domain as an exception and it will work.

While NoScript is a fantastic plugin, you need to realise that you are running it and it WILL create issues on sites. If you install it, it's up to you to troubleshoot it.

I think I understand that - thanks mate, you are a legend !!!

@Monsta_AU see screenshot? It has been set to allowed paste-and-cut.com.au and still not solved????

You have some sort of plugin which is blocking the Javascript on the page, or security software which is blocking it from an AV/Firewall level.

If it works in Chrome (not AV/Firewall/Other) then you should be disabling all plugins in Firefox, restarting and testing again.

I was able to replicate the issue by blocking the P&C domain in NoScript.

I host FontAwesome offsite - well the theme does by default. If it works in one and not the other, you have narrowed it down.

I host FontAwesome offsite - well the theme does by default. If it works in one and not the other, you have narrowed it down.

Yep! it works and it took me 2 hours to narrowed it down, because I wasn't sure you've had all you're fronts save into your server or offsite better make note of this issue Monsta in case someone might have the same issue with NoScript.

I am sorry, but that is not how it works. Webmasters will not list every little thing that they do just in case someone has a problem of their own making. For the record - after each upgrade or change I make to the site, I run it through a number of browsers, plugins enabled and disabled.

If you test it with a browser with no plugins and it works (which it would have done if you disabled all plugins and restarted the browser), then the ball is firmly in your court as it was your decision to install the plugins. If it doesn't work in a recent browser version with no plugins, then I am all ears.

EDIT: I have just replicated it by removing the domain from the whitelist, and then NoScript blocks the remote object and provides a 'blocked objects' section in your NoScript menu. Again, it needs to be manually allowed - that's what the plugin does by design, and probably why you installed it.

Still an end-user problem.

Last edited:
EDIT: I have just replicated it by removing the domain from the whitelist, and then NoScript blocks the remote object and provides a 'blocked objects' section in your NoScript menu. Again, it needs to be manually allowed - that's what the plugin does by design, and probably why you installed it.

@Monsta_AU that why it took me a while to find out it was bootstrapcdn.com or host FontAwesome offsite because I didn't know about this that was blocking it by NoScript, I'm not blaming you I just wasn't aware about this when you created a website, webpage or web-forum using bootstrapcdn.com or host FontAwesome offsite.

That's the point - you shouldn't need to be aware. But by installing NoScript you take on that personal responsibility.

While I can control the site, I cannot control your browser.

@Monsta_AU Now I know because I'm learning something new and I thought when creating a website or web-forum, and all the fronts & symbols are save on you're server as I wasn't aware it was all offsite.

Sorry for the all hassle Monsta I never own a webpage or web-forum otherwise I would have know about this issue in the first place, AND thank you for relocating this topic once again sorry for all the trouble.

@Monsta_AU Now I know because I'm learning something new and I thought when creating a website or web-forum, and all the fronts & symbols are save on you're server as I wasn't aware it was all offsite.

To be honest, most of the websites in the world either render in browser local fonts (Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman, Tahoma, Verdana) that are already on your PC, or they load from remote sources. Most websites won't keep the file locally on their webserver as remote-loading will help spread out the load of having to send all that data to you, and this works faster.

Google Fonts is one such example. If you were to blacklist fonts.googleapis.com you would find that probably 75% of the world's websites would break. We use Google Fonts for our main fonts - the main body text being Open Sans which is probably the most popular font on the internet now.

Font Awesome is a special font set made up of logos, icons etc. The fonts are far smaller than the images you would normally use, so the page loads faster. The particular theme we are using leverages that for icons, and you can use it locally but again it slows down the site. We choose to use the Font Awesome remote loading capabilities so the page loads faster. It was especially important when our webserver was in the US. More recently we were hosted in NZ and now in Sydney.

Sorry for the all hassle Monsta I never own a webpage or web-forum otherwise I would have know about this issue in the first place, AND thank you for relocating this topic once again sorry for all the trouble.

That's ok, I have been in IT for years - in fact I studied a degree in IT for network publishing which as you can imagine in 1997 was very early days of the internet, and I was coding sites when I was in High School. I now run a support helpdesk for a multi-national company based in Australia with some of my team based overseas.

That said, I am always learning so I went back and replicated your issue so I could understand it. Once I removed the CDN (Content Delivery Network - think servers all over the world all making files available in close geographic proximity for faster response) from the whitelist on my PC, I saw that NoScript was blocking the remote object - in this case a font.