How to choose a soap from Shaver Heaven

urnme

Hi All,

I've been happily using Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap and haven't really tried anything else recently.

Now because summer is coming up and I like the cooling effect of menthol, I was very close to buying some Valobra and Proraso pre-shave cream. Then I noticed that there are a few artisan type soaps available. The one that has peaked my interest is Shaver Heaven.

But how to choose? I started reading the descriptions, but it's hard to pick. Is there a sample pack for sale?

Can any one recommend a few good summer soaps from Shaver Heaven? Doesn't have to be menthol, as I see that menthol may not yet be available.

Summer Breeze is my favorite SH soap. http://shaverheaven.com.au/scratch-n-dent/ would be the cheapest way to try some.
The menthol soap coming soon http://shaverheaven.com.au/arctic-mango/

1st anniversary is also very nice. Citrus Garden would probably also be a good choice, though I have not used it. Its $12.50 in Scratch n' Dent.
Plum tea is also a good choice, all the other once I have are more for winter.

Last edited:
Summer Breeze is my favorite SH soap. http://shaverheaven.com.au/scratch-n-dent/ would be the cheapest way to try some.
The menthol soap coming soon http://shaverheaven.com.au/arctic-mango/

1st anniversary is also very nice. Citrus Garden would probably also be a good choice, though I have not used it. Its $12.50 in Scratch n' Dent.
Plum tea is also a good choice, all the other once I have are more for winter.
Some great selections here. If you like citrus then that Citrus Garden in the "cheapie" pile is a great buy! Quite a few like it and it's perfect for summer.

The menthol soap will be here soon so it may be worth waiting for... You can always message @Anthony and ask him to put one aside for you and ship them together. He's a great bloke like that! [emoji106]

......I've been happily using Mitchell's wool fat shaving soap and haven't really tried anything else recently.......

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's one of the nicest soaps I've used

........I was very close to buying some Valobra..............

Don't do that. Superb soap but stinks like a pub carpet saturated in dogs piss. Even their menthol version doesn't hide it.

........The one that has peaked my interest is Shaver Heaven..........

Can't help you there. Got way too much other soap and cream to consider branching out. Plenty here like it though.

Thank you guys! @urnme always happy to help out as best I can.

The Arctic Mango will be available 1st Dec through to the end however if there is something you'd like me to put aside for you please PM me and I'll make sure it's away for you. Thanks again for your support [emoji4]
Question, how much menthol we talking here? Any comparisons? If it doesn't deliver on my frosty death wish then I'll have to wait till you can deliver.

I don't think it would be for individuals, there are at least 3 of us that like an appropriate amount of menthol, not just a dash of it.

I dream of a shave soap or post-shave named Freeze Ray. Something that'd feel like you've been blasted with liquid nitrogen.

I don't think it would be for individuals, there are at least 3 of us that like an appropriate amount of menthol, not just a dash of it.
Weren't you the original owner of those two menthol Stirlings i got off @nav1 ? Tell me stories of what lies beyond.

I think those were just the general cooling range, and no way near as powerful as some others. Frozen Tundra and Margaritas in the arctic wasn't it?
I've not tried too many myself of the ultra mentholated soaps, but my favourites so far are Stirling Glacial range (I've tried obsidian which is anise scented and wintergreen), Jabonman's lima incensio, with yeti snot 3rd on the list.

I would like to try something other than the regular citrus or foresty type smells combined with a good whack of menthol, but not many exist. Mango and peach sounds like it would scratch that itch if there was enough menthol in it.

For ultra cooling aftershaves, buy some menthol crystals off ebay and add them to your favourite A/S.

I believe @Anthony received B&M Arctique soap recently and so could offer a comparison to that (or to the default "menthol standard" Proraso Green).

Perhaps we could twist @Anthony's arm for him to make a batch of an ultra strength version? The P&C 'Brass Monkey' special...

I've also got "Yeti Snot" but I may give the B&M a shot tonight and see how it compares. Like everything, everyone has their own opinion. I've steered clear of menthol in the past (in our soaps) so decided to give it a shot this time round. That being said I've already had a few people ask if it will be available without menthol [emoji17] others wanting it to freeze your face off menthol. Maybe I should include crystals with the purchase lol [emoji38]

I've also got "Yeti Snot" but I may give the B&M a shot tonight and see how it compares. Like everything, everyone has their own opinion. I've steered clear of menthol in the past (in our soaps) so decided to give it a shot this time round. That being said I've already had a few people ask if it will be available without menthol [emoji17] others wanting it to freeze your face off menthol. Maybe I should include crystals with the purchase lol [emoji38]
You can't win! I reckon you make what you like. Listen to suggestions but ultimately it's your soap and company mate.

I think mango with peaches/musk sounds a great combo for summer. And with menthol! Can't wait! [emoji106]

Needs moar MENTH ;)
Got my own crystals, yet such a PITA to melt and mix them in, which inevitably will result in overcooking the soap as well, degrading performance.
Perhaps an option of normal, menth, supermenth for your soaps at time of purchase is prudent @Anthony ?
PS, you do not like Artique, repeat after me, I do not like Artique and will sell it to @borked ;)
*awaits PM* :p

@borked LOL!!! I dont mind a good menth soap on hot days... but I'll let you know if I decide to get rid of it :)
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, as we got asked if we were releasing a non-mentholated version of it. So we may do that and also an "X-Tra Strength" Menth version.
Will just need to wait and see what the feedback is like.

@borked LOL!!! I dont mind a good menth soap on hot days... but I'll let you know if I decide to get rid of it :)
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, as we got asked if we were releasing a non-mentholated version of it. So we may do that and also an "X-Tra Strength" Menth version.
Will just need to wait and see what the feedback is like.
I'm that impressed, I unliked that, just so I could like it again :)
Guess I'll just have to hang out for Will's next Artique release, just as I'm not so patiently awaiting a few things from you :p

Figure I'd revive this one rather than create a new thread for the same purpose.

I'm looking for some less sweet more refined smelling soaps. The recent acquisition I made is excellent but I'm looking to expand the collection. Would you guys say that Spiced Mahgonay, The Lodge or Mayan Musk would fit the bill ?

I find I really like sandalwoods scents & the above all caught my eye.

I recently got the Dragon Noir, and I really like it. I have found SH soaps to often be too sweet for me, but this is excellent. Smells like a nice men's cologne.

@Hocky27 Out of the 3 you listed The Lodge has absolutely no sweetness to it at all.

Spiced Mahogany has a touch of sweetness and Mayan Musk is not woodsy at all.

Always happy to help if your stuck.

We also have a sale on for tomorrow 26th - 27th Dec.

Thanks again for the support guys.