Knives & Knife sharpening

The thread I was looking for.
I'm looking for a everyday\emergency\self-defence folding knife with a deep carry clip. I have a 40-70$ budget, any suggestions?

For the moment, I have an eye on the Kershaw Cryo II which meet the requirements.

Complementary: Until now, I was unaware that Kershaw was owned by KAI (Like in KAI double edge razor blades)

2.jpg

The thread I was looking for.
I'm looking for a everyday\emergency\self-defence folding knife with a deep carry clip. I have a 40-70$ budget, any suggestions?

Sorry mate but this Forum is mainly Aussies. We have regulations in a number of states that would prohibit carrying something like the Kershaw you mentioned ...

Sorry mate but this Forum is mainly Aussies. We have regulations in a number of states that would prohibit carrying something like the Kershaw you mentioned ...
I assumed that since it was legal in Canada, it was probably legal everywhere else : /
Note: The picture is bigger than the actual knife.

Here we have a ban on switchblades, centrifugal knifes, balisong knifes, gravity knifes and every kind of hidden blades (ex: cane sword). Small spring assisted folding knifes are legal, as long as you don't wave it around or show off.

Yep even in Canberra where marijuana and prostitution is decriminalised, you can't carry a cutter on your belt.

I wear a blade around the property (like fun they're going to stop me doing shit on my own land!) and have forgotten to take it off when I go into town. Been greeted with a friendly tut-tut from the local constabulary but one day some upstart cadet will try and earn his stripes by barring up on his book work.

Yep even in Canberra where marijuana and prostitution is decriminalised, you can't carry a cutter on your belt.

I wear a blade around the property (like fun they're going to stop me doing shit on my own land!) and have forgotten to take it off when I go into town. Been greeted with a friendly tut-tut from the local constabulary but one day some upstart cadet will try and earn his stripes by barring up on his book work.

Here's the most important line about knife regulation in Canada '' There is no length restriction on carrying knives within the Criminal Code, but there is a prohibition against carrying a knife if the possessor intends to carry for a purpose dangerous to public peace ''. Basically, it's fine as long as you're not a nutcase.

Here's the most important line about knife regulation in Canada '' There is no length restriction on carrying knives within the Criminal Code, but there is a prohibition against carrying a knife if the possessor intends to carry for a purpose dangerous to public peace ''. Basically, it's fine as long as you're not a nutcase.
...sounds more sensible to me. Though be interesting for intent to be proved if you've not actually done anything....yet. So really only a law that can be enforced when it's too late. Hmmm...
Shit I've been lunching with @Mark1966 too often!

Is akin to Resist Arrest as the primary charge.
How they can prove resistance of arrest, without first breaching their own legislation and arresting you without cause is beyond me ?

I went for the Kershaw Skyline. It doesn't have a deep carry clip but that can be changed, for 64$CAD, this one is a real bang for the bucks.

• Made in the USA
  • Liner lock
  • Flipper
  • Steel: Sandvik 14C28N
  • Handle: G-10
  • Blade length: 3.1 in. (7.9 cm)
  • Closed length: 4.25 in. (10.8 cm)
  • Overall length: 7.4 in. (18.7 cm)
  • Weight: 2.5 oz (70.9 g)
Z8ae2zb.png

I went for the Kershaw Skyline. It doesn't have a deep carry clip but that can be changed, for 64$CAD, this one is a real bang for the bucks.

• Made in the USA
  • Liner lock
  • Flipper
Z8ae2zb.png

Mate so noting these specs, where does KAI come into the equation?

Here's what I mean by Deep Carry

AuGpEMw.png

The Skyline is kinda high profile and I don't want to spend 25$ for a titanium clip that won't even be deep the way I want it deep (Now now, don't twist my words loll).
I thought about a fix that won't cost me a dime, what If I was to sew a jeans belt loop inside my pocket? Now Now I see you coming ''Max, but you'll have to scrap an excellent pair of jeans to go on with your idea! That's madness'' here's the best part of the operation, I've been going to the gym 4 days a week for the past 18 months! I've several over-sized pair of jeans that I can use, I have the technology!

Last edited:

• Made in the USA
  • Liner lock
  • Flipper
Z8ae2zb.png
Nice choice, I used to own one myself. Takes and holds an edge really well.

I wanted to change the position of the pocket clip of my Skyline, unfortunately the screw was so tight that I stripped the head : / So I contacted Kershaw to ask about the size of those screw, their Costumer Service answered quickly and asked If I needed replacement parts for free (How did they knew?) :D It may not look like it but those titanium screws cost 4$ each (The price of a Palmolive Shaving Cream tube)!

a9815166666317ae6c088dd421c8be2d.jpg

Some of my knives.

63496cbd9282694b138ee5c07c0af330.jpg

Bahco Wrecking Knife 2449
Made in Taiwan by Snap-On

9061231a8d6c9018aa1bd46bfd23f075.jpg

Bahco Knife 2444
Made in Sweden by Mora

d168bee247c7653b02ab4d71ac0be77c.jpg

Hultafors Heavy Duty Knife GK

8e190d559ac785fd3ed408b462c1b6e2.jpg

c9fd2d4c27613cdada871f23041ccfcc.jpg

Enlan/Bee EL-01

28ed064d3798a62edf0cccd46fd5267c.jpg

Navy K-610

582ba30e65f460e868b0b6d5b28da6a1.jpg

Sanrenmu GR5-604

85f19ae67cf050ff531a76e8e6a78a9e.jpg

Sanrenmu 710

Dude - looking at your board name and knife collection - do we have to be scared :D :D :D