Alcohol-Free Aftershaves

stillshunter

a man of resolve, a man of conviction
State Convenor - ACT
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical Fail
Thought it might be handy to start collating alcohol-free aftershave alternatives. I've not been much of a fan to be entirely honest, tried many forms of witch-hazel with aloe, mung-bean and bees-arse extracts but the results have been pretty ho-hum. Was recently cursed with having to go overseas for work (no glamour just stuck in shitty hotels in even shittier suburbs in the shittest of united states), but while trying to find some solace on the shelves of Walgreens I came across Shea Moisture Tea Tree AS & Bump Preventer. Ingredients looked top-shelf so I went the blind-buy. In short, it's got a nice sting, dry-down and post-dry feel. Smell is a little citric/acid but it fades fast, but I'm lauding it more for the feel not the scent.

41NwUOwlXDL._SY355_.jpg

For the teetotalers out there this one comes highly recommended. Wish I bought more now so I could share the love around now that I'm back. But I'm sure you can get it onshore or get it shipped here. Even iHerb sells it for less than a tenner.
NB: seems to get an OK wrap on Amazon too. Hmmmm....

Anyway keen to hear more from the AA 12-steppers out there. What are some other nice non-alcoholic ways to start the day?

@stillshunter I'll retract my philistine comment if you managed to smuggle in a full bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns with my name upon it ;)

@stillshunter I'll retract my philistine comment if you managed to smuggle in a full bottle of Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns with my name upon it ;)
The little Walgreens I had access to didn't stock Ogallala, so no dice on that count I'm afraid mate. Only Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Pinauds Clubman and this Shea Moisture. Not even a drop of Thayers to be seen.

BTW: I did try organising delivery to a hotel at the last minute (which was the nature of my travel) but it become such a drama for retailers I just gave up trying!

P.S., I do still have most of a small bottle of the Lime and Peppercorns, and a little less of the Sandalwood, left if you want to tempt me with some other shaving goodness. You know my PM address.

funny thing. i already have a bottle of the shea butter coming from iherb. the missus got it for me when she saw my neck breaking out.
item i have used that settled my skin right down and made it feel great was this egyptian magic.
egyptian-magic-banner.gif

don't know if it works like a "real" aftershave or the such but made my face feel great and removed any irritation from little nicks and scrapes.It's basically just honey,bee's wax and olive oil,

yeah has that nice "bite" when you first put it on like most aftershaves have but then cools right down to a nice mellow soothing feel and i guess is a bonus that missus followed me around half the night trying to sniff at my neck ;)