Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
While I know nothing will actually arrive till Monday - this demonstrates how on the ball the mods are around here.

Looking forward to a large, voluminous thread as 'the secret project' happens this month and we have a new supplier of goodies in Australia and @Anthony's new range of products takes off, @Barrister & Mann get back from holidays and feeling inspired does something special and @roger gets his shaving soap recipe down pat and we have another artisan soap supplier in our midst!

While I know nothing will actually arrive till Monday - this demonstrates how on the ball the mods are around here.

Looking forward to a large, voluminous thread as 'the secret project' happens this month and we have a new supplier of goodies in Australia and @Anthony's new range of products takes off, @Barrister & Mann get back from holidays and feeling inspired does something special and @roger gets his shaving soap recipe down pat and we have another artisan soap supplier in our midst!
...and I might make a razor rack!

It is going to be a good week -

Some blades in a swap with @eggbert - very generous, thanks mate!

A new watch, since my daughter has pinched the one of these I purchased previously. Thanks @Nonick !!!

Next up a case and shipper for a razor I have, cause you have to have a complete set -

Of course my order (and the 'sample' for PCTB3) from @Anthony at ShaverHeaven, thanks again mate! -

and last, but by no mean least, some samples from Mensbiz for PCTB3 -

Including some Menaji for @stillshunter :)

Frapin - Terre De Sarment :D
HIGHLY rate it :D

Unable to find it over at MB though :(

Unable to find it over at MB though :(

I'm told - 'Frapin is coming very soon (should be online within the week). It's already available in store if they're in Melbourne'.

I'm told - 'Frapin is coming very soon (should be online within the week). It's already available in store if they're in Melbourne'.
Have you sampled any yet ?

19628142433_0458cb8e49_z.jpg

Will let you all know my initial thoughts later in the week :)

2CyuKYL.jpg

NvROR33.jpg

Found this slim in an antique store for $10 (bargain?)

I asked about straights, the chap said five years ago he had a pile he wondered how he'd get rid of them, now he said he never sees them because people buy them.

This has some oxidisation on the top plate and some rust under the top plates. What the best way to go about doing it up? Movements all seem fine

Found this slim in an antique store for $10 (bargain?)
Nice find!

I asked about straights, the chap said five years ago he had a pile he wondered how he'd get rid of them, now he said he never sees them because people buy them.
*sigh*

This has some oxidisation on the top plate and some rust under the top plates. What the best way to go about doing it up? Movements all seem fine
@Mark1966 wrote about this a few times so there should be a threat around somewhere.

A couple of soaks in hot water and dishwashing detergent. A gentle scrub with a toothbrush (you could use some toothpaste as a gentle abrasive).

Since there's rust and corrosion you could pick up a set of three brushes (nylon, brass and steel bristles) for $2 at Bunnings. The nylon is a bit tougher than the toothbrush. The brass Will take off corrosion (but go gentle). Avoid the steel bristles.

@Mark1966 might say no to above so you might want to hold off on the last part. I'm just suggesting it to get rid of the green oxidisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.