Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Well I will be first up...

This was picked up today -

Will smell like a REAL man now - thanks YKW (who, not where)

BTW - hope you all enjoyed your extra second today

*awaits review*

Gee the marketing dept at Shulton (I assume) didn't exactly stretch themselves on the name and packaging etc for that one! Another Don Draper special!

I think they must have convened the meeting at 4.50pm on a Friday and everyone was out on time and off to their weekends.

$_57.JPG

Just labelled as vintage 3 piece Gillette.

I think it is a Red and Black set NEW. 1934 according to Mr-Razor.

It's on the way.

I received these earlier in the week;

Phoenix Dbl OC and 1930's Gillette NEW long comb (restored and plated in Rhodium).
The NEW has not got any marks on it at all.

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

I shaved with the Phoenix today, It's a mild razor (which I prefer) and got a dam fine shave with 2 passes.
I have read a lot about this thing leaving lines of soap on your face with each pass, I hardly got any!
All I can say, it's a comfortable razor to use with a Feather blade in it, I must have found the correct angle first hit!

I received these earlier in the week;

Phoenix Dbl OC and 1930's Gillette NEW long comb (restored and plated in Rhodium).
The NEW has not got any marks on it at all.

IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

I shaved with the Phoenix today, It's a mild razor (which I prefer) and got a dam fine shave with 2 passes.
I have read a lot about this thing leaving lines of soap on your face with each pass, I hardly got any!
All I can say, it's a comfortable razor to use with a Feather blade in it, I must have found the correct angle first hit!
Nice razors!

That NEW LC is beautiful in Rhodium - and boy! - was I tempted to replate mine in Rhodium recently!

I'm intrigued by the longer handle on the NEW. I haven't seen too many with a handle that long. I find that the longer handle (I use the Weber Classic) with the NEW LC is brilliant.

I'm intrigued by the longer handle on the NEW. I haven't seen too many with a handle that long. I find that the longer handle (I use the Weber Classic) with the NEW LC is brilliant.

That looks like the thinner Common bar handle -

1936%20(G3%20on%20blade)%20No501%20Special%20basket%20set.jpg

IMG_1417_zpsrk2gafpw.jpg

An Ever Ready 1924 SE, thanks to @Draco Noir who gave me this handsome specimen. He also through in this tub of Otoko Organics.

Thanks once again.
And those two bottles of such FINE looking brew?

I'm just waiting for @shavetheman so I can snag some locally - oops?! - did I say too much??!

Ebay Listing - $11.50 delivered so I was happy to not pay attention to the description - worth trying or keeping them unopened?
VINTAGE GILLETTE BLADES (EARLY1960's) *NEW CONDITION* BOX x 10 PACKS *RARE*
7RlghsKl.jpg

GFZh0Aul.jpg

Ebay Listing - $11.50 delivered so I was happy to not pay attention to the description - worth trying or keeping them unopened?
VINTAGE GILLETTE BLADES (EARLY1960's) *NEW CONDITION* BOX x 10 PACKS *RARE*
7RlghsKl.jpg

GFZh0Aul.jpg

Definitely worth trying. They might be unique but why not, unless you're an Italian collector of Italian shaving memorabilia. I hope they're sensational too. Just to see Monstas drool dripping down our screens

Not drooling - these will be carbons and not stainless. Look to be in good condition though so more than likely useable.

I've taken a bit of a punt on a French auction. But it hasn't hit me to hard in the pocket of it doesn't work.
200 of these which I suspect may be carbon blades, but at only €10 for them plus delivery it's not bad.
$_3.JPG

Especially considering for another €5 I got 100 of these
$_3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.