Baume.be shaving cream

GQ1982

This isn't meant as a full review or anything like that but I ordered a tub of this stuff a few weeks ago and just got around to using it today, so I thought I'd offer my thoughts. I initially threw Baume.be into the shopping cart because I had heard it was a good cream specifically designed for people with sensitive skin, which I have, albeit at the lower end of the spectrum.

My expectations weren't very high as I thought for some reason that because it was formulated for sensitive skin, it would be lacking some important ingredients which comprise good shaving creams/soaps and would therefore be lacking in performance.

Well, I was completely wrong. This is absolutely a top shelf product and the performance is excellent. The glass jar feels solid and adds a nice touch to the overall experience, it will be used for other refill pucks once empty. The lather can tolerate a bit of water and lathers up easily to form a very dense and slick cream that is also very stable. It easily lasted a full three pass shave while instilling confidence in me that my skin was well protected. The shave was one of the best I have had in a while and I achieved a mostly BBS shave minus one trouble spot on the neck that was DFS and almost always is. I don't push my luck in that spot as I'm a bit prone to ingrown hairs and have just learned to accept DFS in that area. With that said, the shave was effortless and I felt almost no sting from the alcoholic aftershave splash. The scent is also quite unique, clean and mellow. I don't have the best nose or experience to describe scents in detail but I will say that it is very pleasant and I think it would be hard to dislike.

Overall, an excellent product that I will certainly be re-ordering once finished. This cream is a bit expensive but in my opinion, worth the money. So, if you are in the market for a top notch shaving cream, consider a tub of Baume.be.

Great mini review!

Never heard of it or seen it to be honest. Their website is here if you are curious.

Generally a bit exxy, although the soap refills seem more reasonably priced. Still, most of it looks to be their own stuff, which I applaud and also the packaging seems to be very decent. Glass jars are a massive plus and worth a few extra quid in my book.

Seen way to many 'barbershops' just selling rebanded Muhle products in order to jump on the bandwagon. Orr worse - Parker Razors being passed off as their own designs for a 300% markup of the price of other Parker resellers.

I'd love to have a sniff of this for scent purposes.

A very manly site. I felt like I ought to go out and hunt something. Like the idea of ceramic containers. You could actually use it to kill something with. The ubiquitous plastic container is one thing I hate about my never ending tub of Macca Root.

.........I'd love to have a sniff of this........

Send him a line or two @GQ1982 . Who knows, he might get that delirious he'll send you some vintage blades.

I've got a feeling that this will be stocked locally as well soon... [emoji11]It's highly regarded.

(Best up the credit limit on your Credit Cards fellas! Or better yet, now's the time to apply for a new one that the missus doesn't know about...)

Generally a bit exxy, although the soap refills seem more reasonably priced. Still, most of it looks to be their own stuff, which I applaud and also the packaging seems to be very decent. Glass jars are a massive plus and worth a few extra quid in my book.

Seen way to many 'barbershops' just selling rebanded Muhle products in order to jump on the bandwagon. Orr worse - Parker Razors being passed off as their own designs for a 300% markup of the price of other Parker resellers.

I'd love to have a sniff of this for scent purposes.

The jar it comes in is definitely a plus and the label is waterproof but can be peeled off without too much hassle for storing other pucks in future. I also can't stand all these Parker/Muhle/Edwin Jagger knock offs claiming to be new and improved products either. The Baume.be line of products appears to be original and I have heard that the aftershave balm is very good.

I've got a feeling that this will be stocked locally as well soon... [emoji11]It's highly regarded.

(Best up the credit limit on your Credit Cards fellas! Or better yet, now's the time to apply for a new one that the missus doesn't know about...)

That's great to hear! There is a long list of products I wish were stocked locally but I think it will be a while yet before wet shaving becomes main stream in Aus. It does seem to be gaining popularity though.

That's great to hear! There is a long list of products I wish were stocked locally but I think it will be a while yet before wet shaving becomes main stream in Aus. It does seem to be gaining popularity though.
Keep your ears open as there will be many, MANY artisan, traditional and new shaving products available soon. I guarantee that you will be ticking a LOT off your list...

Floid Sandolor, P160, Coates Lime cream, Sir irisch Moos shaving cream and Alt-Innsbruck on that list ?

Ooh, that's a teaser if ever I've heard one
Sadly we still have to wait a couple of months or so... But it'll be worth it! [emoji6]

The longer you guys in the know drag it out, the more it sounds like a con job you're all in upon!

The longer you guys in the know drag it out, the more it sounds like a con job you're all in upon!
Spot on mate. Sound like a con cob, more specifically a Con "@shavetheman" Kazantzidis job I reckon (have you seen how replete his YouTube channel is with these exotic brands of late?)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep your ears open as there will be many, MANY artisan, traditional and new shaving products available soon. I guarantee that you will be ticking a LOT off your list...

Any updates on this? I have been living under a rock for a few months so I'm not really aware of how the aussie wet shaving market is evolving. I'd love to be able to support local business but last time I checked none of them really stocked anything I was after.

Any updates on this? I have been living under a rock for a few months so I'm not really aware of how the aussie wet shaving market is evolving. I'd love to be able to support local business but last time I checked none of them really stocked anything I was after.
Before Christmas, probably next month. It will stock what you're after and what you didn't know you need but now really do. (And more! [emoji6])

Before Christmas, probably next month. It will stock what you're after and what you didn't know you need but now really do. (And more! [emoji6])

That sounds very promising and sorry if I'm missing something obvious here but when you refer to "it will stock" who are you talking about?