Review Shaver Heaven: Vetiver

Dale.Whiley

2017 Sabbatical
Townsville - postcode is one digit off heaven
@Anthony from Shaver Heaven and his Vetiver soap. I have now had 3 shaves with this soap.

Packaging
Like all Shaver Heaven soaps this comes in a deep blue, plastic container that leaves ample room to produce a lather. Looks great and is very practical.

Initial scent
I got this soap (and another I will test drive in the next week or so) delivered to my workplace. Took the lid off, drew back deeply and ... ... ... strong as but there must be some mistake; this smells like peanut paste!!! Now before you all think I've smelt too many soap samples and my nose receptors are shot please let me explain. As a young lad there was a peanut paste factory a couple of suburbs away and part of the waste product is peanut shells/husks. The company would have these massive piles of peanut shells for people to load their trailer/ute and use in their gardens. The Vetiver soap slapped me (the scent is definitely in ya face) and I just hoped it smelt better when wet.

Wet scent
Mashed a small amount in my wooden bowl.
Still very strong and still like piles of peanut husks. How can I ever like this scent?

Loading the Berkley
Around 15-20 seconds and the badger was well and truly loaded.

A cold water shave as all my shaves are.

Lather
Like all Shaver Heaven soaps the lather was superb Easily more than 3 passes in the brush. Lather was uniform throughout with fine, silky bubbles. On all passes the soap remained moist till the last. BUT THOSE PEANUTS.

Proof is is the pudding
I think this is my fourth Shaver Heaven soap and each one impresses me with their performance. The straight just glides over my face cutting the stubble easily. Smooooooth. It "feels" like there is a discernable ability to sense/feel what the straight is doing on my face. Was I imagining this? Don't know but I enjoyed the feel/feedback from this soap.

Those peanuts
Shave 2 presented more scents. Still overwhelmingly peanuts but now earthy, soil/vegetation scents. I like walking in the bush and this varies from Townsville region which is mainly dry eucalypt to around Tully & Kuranda regions which is tropical wet rain forest. Although I prefer the dry areas (I love brown; you don't have to mow it) the smell of rotting/decomposing vegetation on the forest floor is hard to beat. I could smell those scents coming through. Shave 3 and I am sold on this soap. The initial thought of piles of peanut husks (when sniffing anything, only take a small whiff incase it is a dangerous chemical - Dad used to warn me when we went to his workplace) is now refined to those earthy scents I like so much. I have gone from ,"get that outta here!!!" to being a fan. Strong and great scents.

I had my third shave with this soap today. A Saturday after a busy week so decided to stay in bed for an extra hour and only do basic, "keep the house functional" duties. Had my shave and with no pressure to do anything I got to mess around with the angles/passes on my straight. Great shave. Close smooth and I went for 4 passes. The soap easily provided the necessary protection for 4 passes giving IMO the best shave I have ever had.

Do yourself a favour blokes, get this soap. Give yourself a few days to find this soap. I rate the scent, the lather & the shave very highly with this soap. A big thumbs up to @Anthony and Shaver Heaven Vetiver soap.

Five shaves in a row now. I like this Vetiver soap more each use. The real earthy. vegetation scents stand out. A really strong scent. Like all the Shaver Heaven soaps I have tried; an excellent lather and top performing soap that will make every shave a winner. Think I'll revisit the Shaver Heaven Desperado for the next couple of days. Thanks for producing these excellent soaps @Anthony .

Just got back from sea and have a few sample pots of Shaver Heaven soaps to try looking forward try the vanilla bean some time tomorrow
They look like exceptional soaps and I always love supporting Australian products
Enjoy! They are top soaps. [emoji106]

Thanks for the review @Dale.Whiley
That has been said before (re: the peanuts) @Mark said the same thing when he smelt Vetiver.

The oil I used is 100% pure Vetiver (which I simply love!). I think Vetiver has a very unique scent that you'll either love or hate!
For me, Vetiver brings back memories of Fiji (used to travel a lot for work). I remember getting off the plane, and smelling burning leaves (and the overwhelming heat / moisture in the air) followed by earthy notes. Strange, I know, but thats what I get from it.

I did dabble a bit with Vetiver and Menthol, which was very nice, but I know that not every one is a fan of menthol in their soaps, however, if people are interested all you have to do is ask. Always keeping my ear to the ground for suggestions, etc.

Thanks again Dale! Glad you enjoyed using it :)

I have to give @Anthonys vetiver scent a top score. Amongst my top scents. I wasn't really a vetiver person until Con picked up a tub of Phoenix dirt which I though smells like a farm during plowing season, he said to bring it to my nose 3 times and the notes of the scents gradually changes as first impressions never really justify the scent, even then you still have to bloom it. I started developing a taste for it although it was beyond "soily" (if there is such a word). I found Shaver Heaven vetiver to be just right. Very earthy but warm and pleasing without a doubt. If you are into warm earthly scents, also check out sandalwood, that stuff is the real deal and I would relate it to the Phoenix or Captains Choice sandalwood which are also excellent!!! Both of those smell very realistic and organic compared to most other that I've used.

Since then the only vetiver that has impressed me apart form Shaver Heaven is CB and CRSW. Everything other vetiver after that seemed to have a synthetic and chemical like scent, and I understand why, the price of the essential oils of the real stuff is through the roof!! The more I go back to it, the more I appreciate it. Well done Anthony. You've hit the nail on the head.

Speaking of which, if you want to smell real peanuts, get a whoft of Cyril R Salter vetiver, I aquired one from Anthony and look at this way, if you mixed real peanuts with peanut butter, put it in a blender, added more peanuts, this would be it.

Needs moar peanuts, me thinks...

Thanks for the review @Dale.Whiley
That has been said before (re: the peanuts) @Mark said the same thing when he smelt Vetiver.

The oil I used is 100% pure Vetiver (which I simply love!). I think Vetiver has a very unique scent that you'll either love or hate!
For me, Vetiver brings back memories of Fiji (used to travel a lot for work). I remember getting off the plane, and smelling burning leaves (and the overwhelming heat / moisture in the air) followed by earthy notes. Strange, I know, but thats what I get from it.

I did dabble a bit with Vetiver and Menthol, which was very nice, but I know that not every one is a fan of menthol in their soaps, however, if people are interested all you have to do is ask. Always keeping my ear to the ground for suggestions, etc.

Thanks again Dale! Glad you enjoyed using it :)
I've got Shaver Heaven Desperado in my wooden bowl at the moment, enough for another 3 days. I was looking forward to using JGS TMBR next but after reading Mark's post it will be Shaver Heaven Vetiver again next. @Anthony has produced some excellent soaps and Vetiver is up there.