April 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CRISDeb.jpg

PuZplat.jpg

Mate, perhaps I will :)
After I've had a bit of guidance as to how to use it w/o destroying it and/or the razor.

My pleasure fellas!...and karma works in mysterious ways.

Found a huge box waiting for me at the PO Box today. Perfectly packed - and as an ex-storeman I feel qualified to make this call - with enough foam cheezels to pack six cameras down the track (which will be handy). Nestled deep within were two pucks of Martin DeCandre shaving soap - one classic/original and one fougere. Left France on Tuesday and here on Monday - that's four working days!)! Fuq I can't get AusPost from Perth to civilisation that fast....

They smell exquisite...and MdC were nice enough to include a complimentary fougere bath soap.

I was tempted to pull a @Dale.Whiley and have a twice daily shave just so I could try both (one tonight and one in the morn) by work tomorrow.

That was my experience with their postage as well. Expensive but literally arrives same week.

That was my experience with their postage as well. Expensive but literally arrives same week.
I have nothing at all negative to say about the Martin de Candre experience. A pleasure from ordering to, I assume, the bottom of the jars....then I'll start it all again. Until either of us stops producing - that's soap for Martin and that's hair for me.

BTW: a couple of new arrivals:
After a successful trial with a sample received from @Nightguard , I'm glad to now have my own supplied of Le Pere Lucien - wow it comes in a stainless steel tin! Also have grown my line of Myrsol. Some Antesol landed in my bathroom. Love their stuff (Vale Miquel Ricou Sole), next purchase in memories, will be his favourite, Emulsion, I reckon - as my sample will run out very, very, soon.
BTW: love @Gifts&Care.com . Great range and top service.

Wow you bought a some stone pavers. Good on you @borked , I'd suggest you need a few more and to look for sizes more the same to make the laying easier - unless you're artistic enough to play well with negative space.
Mate, I'm proficient in negative spaces, considering the environment I work within ;)

Mate, perhaps I will :)
After I've had a bit of guidance as to how to use it w/o destroying it and/or the razor.
I reckon you should start using a straight first and then worry about honing WAYYYYYY down the track. Get your straight honed by a Honemeister first AND THEN learn to use the razor. Otherwise you won't know what a sharp and well honed razor is like.

The only true way to test a honed razor is to shave with it. So there is no point learning to hone unless you know how to shave with a razor first.

So come and join in with learning to use a straight. Nothing like learning new skills. [emoji106]

Oh yeah baby!

Not shave related but -

Been popping into the R M Williams clearance outlet in CBR when nearby for a few year now after getting my first pair of boots in some time about 5 years back. Since then got a made to order paid of Kangaroo Comfort Craftsman in chestnut from my wife but have been looking for a Yearling Comfort Craftsman in black since. Nearly relented when they had a pair of black Craftsman seconds in my size last year but ended up thinking better of it. Their seconds vary in 'damage' but are priced cheaper.

Anyway, was nearby today and popped in. None in my size on shelf but the staff member thought she saw some out the back. Had a 10G second and a 10H in first quality in black, I'm normally a 10H.

I slightly hesitantly said that I was only looking for the cheaper seconds ...

No problem she said, all their stock are at the same clearance price, $275, but very occasionally they get firsts in!

So I got the boots I wanted, in first quality and at an unbeatable price! Nungar Trading have them for $335 (plus delivery) which is the best I've seen and the RRP is $440!

Very happy camper :)

Sorry - but you should have ordered a Wolfman for that prize :D

Only got one face @alfredus - have two feet ;)

Perhaps you better start using a straight so then you can find a use for that hone...
emoji14.png
I reckon you should start using a straight first and then worry about honing WAYYYYYY down the track. Get your straight honed by a Honemeister first AND THEN learn to use the razor. Otherwise you won't know what a sharp and well honed razor is like.

The only true way to test a honed razor is to shave with it. So there is no point learning to hone unless you know how to shave with a razor first.

So come and join in with learning to use a straight. Nothing like learning new skills. [emoji106]

Nah, half the fun of sharpening things is buying stones. One reason, aside from the utter ridicule I'd have to endure from my family, I'm not tempted by straight shaving is the fact I'd be spending a fortune on stones. And, if you've bought the stones, what's the use of having just one straight to play around with. A recipe for a spending disaster. A lot of fun though. I love my knife stones and at least I can justify that spend as I'm sharpening our array of knives and those of my kids.

A happy morning is picking up a parcel from the post office, especially one from the good 'ole US of A -

Well packed, nice to see -

But what could this be? Something for Mrs Mark1966 perhaps? -

Ummm, no - this is all mine! -

NOS Yardley soap, still with plastic on it, Invisible Talc and 'After Shaving Lotion' -

And you say the soaps are so old they no longer have a scent?

/shakes head and walks away slowly.

And you say the soaps are so old they no longer have a scent?

/shakes head and walks away slowly.

This one may as it is still sealed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.