Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
o8qD6Zp.jpg

With the recent arrival of a R89 head my razor now has split personality. A new beast has been discovered.

What a travel combo. Two heads are better than one they say, and the nice plastic case is perfect. Having shaved with the R89 this morning it is mild as a mouse. In fact you have to get a perfect angle to encourage it to shave. It's a refined gentleman's piece, the R41 is the dependable banshee it always has been of course.

So no matter which side of the bed I get out of there's a Muhle for the job.

I'm going to try a few blades in these, as the Voskhods I'm enjoying in the R41 really didn't seem at all smooth this morning in the R89, any suggestions?

I'm going to try a few blades in these, as the Voskhods I'm enjoying in the R41 really didn't seem at all smooth this morning in the R89, any suggestions?
Try a Feather or Polsilver.
Efficient head (eg R41), comfortable blade.
Comfortable head (eg R89), sharp/efficient blade.

@stillshunter is currently enjoying the comfortable/mild razor with sharp blade combos. He used to be firmly in the efficient razor with comfortable blade camp.

OK thanks fil - It'll get a feather in it's cap tomorrow morning

@stillshunter is currently enjoying the comfortable/mild razor with sharp blade combos. He used to be firmly in the efficient razor with comfortable blade camp.
Right on! And all thanks to @filobiblic for suggesting I try a sharp in a mild rather than my smooth in the mean. So goodbye R41/Fatip with IP Reds, hello Feather in Feather. What a lovely place....and my skin feels the better for it. Seriously. ATG is getting smoother as there's less compounded irritation.

Yes yet I still am not sure if you've mentioned if you've tried a Shick Krona razor mate...

This evening I loaded up with a Feather blade. I was never game to even try one with Mr Hyde, had to tear off the shrink-wrap packaging and introduce it to Dr Jekyll.

Straight away this felt waaay better than the Voskhod this morning. It was zinging along like our cricket team, laughing at stubble.

It was really a super smooth shave, three passes (out of the equation with Mr Hyde) and probably the smoothest shave in a long time.

Part of the problem this morning was trying to eck out the last of the Fougère - it made for thin lather. No such problems with LATHA. By name and nature. Enough for three passes, my extended family, and next of kin.

Thanks for the tip fellas

The top plates are different so I had a squize at putting the R41 top plate (flatter angle) on the R89 base plate and my there is a rather large blade gap created by the shallow angle of the blade. You could loose your false teeth in there. Some day when Im feeling brave maybe

@Nonick require someone to challenge you to try it ? ;)

Best find the spirytus in that case :)

Yes yet I still am not sure if you've mentioned if you've tried a Shick Krona razor mate...
Thanks mate, I look forward to its arrival and sharing my impression of the shave. Do you still have my address for this PIF?