Gillette taking on shaving brush market!

Mark1966

Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I've been reading elsewhere and it seems that Gillette are making a major push into the shaving brush market!

We are all used to the banter back and forth YKW about the pros and cons of different badger grades and in particular between the so called two band and three band grades - see this thread for an example of the discussion.

Realising the growing use of brushes it seems that Gillette has decided to tackle this issue head on with its new brush design by announcing the world's first five band badger brush!

In the announcement of the new products being offered the 'Head of Brush Dynamics' at the Gillette Shaving Technology area within the Innovation Centre in Reading UK is quoted sprouting about the supposed benefits of their new five band technology. It seems that:
  • the first band gently massages the skin;
  • the second band had an exfoliating function;
  • the third band contains specially treated hairs that carry the lather more effectively than other brands;
  • the fourth band expertly deposits the lather in exactly the right place on the face for maximum glide;
  • the fifth band tidies up any mess left by the others and leaves your face feeling like it has been caressed by angels.
No I don't know about you but this all sounds pretty amazing to me and I think I'm going to break my sabbatical and get one. Sorry @Mark Watterson but I think I'm just going to have to ditch those lovely vintage butterscotch Simpsons.

More details on the announcement here

Soon they'll start announcing glow-in-the-dark brushes... Oh- wait up...

That was about as believable as this one:
20589_621234694679794_7159880343792596662_n.jpg

Come on @eggbert - it played really well in the other shaving forums.

You lot are a tough crowd!

I think just old, suspicious and double checking everything on a day like today.

I got caught out for 5 seconds this morning when a local weatherman said that a cold front was heading up this way and that we might have overnight temperatures as low as 10 degrees this weekend until I realised that is colder than it has ever been in Darwin.

Somebody posted this on another shaving site already ;)

I liked the Quantas Facebook post and the Tim Tam DeLuxe announcement.

I bet if it had been posted by @stillshunter or @filobiblic or one of the other popular kids there would have been three pages of supportive comments by now about how funny it was.

[crossed arms, stamps feet, pouts and holds breath] <- all this to look forward to @eggbert BTW

I'm currently ignoring the idea of that and enjoying the big smiles and chuckles he has started giving recently.

Or were you talking about my wife? As I've had that since day 2.

I bet if it had been posted by @stillshunter or @filobiblic or one of the other popular kids there would have been three pages of supportive comments by now about how funny it was.

[crossed arms, stamps feet, pouts and holds breath] <- all this to look forward to @eggbert BTW
At least your thread got replies mate :(

Oh are there cliques now?
Don't worry Mark, you're a P&C Original. these upstarts with their Pacman and their Dan fogelberg records are brash and impetuous.

You got me until 'Five band badger' lolll I'd like to point out that 'The Art of Shaving' (Gillette's minion) is selling brushes made of Pure, Finest and Silvertip.

5 band badger! Very good, although that should be updated to 7 this year right?