Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Smog 1305
Soap: ShaverHeaven Desperado
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (2)
Post-shave: Captains Choice Bay Rum

@Anthony , mate this is one of the oddest scents I've taken in dry - somewhere between a wet vetiver and a new car interior - but it sweetness up nicely under lather where the vetiver remains but a nice fresh tanned leather aroma pervades the bathroom. A great slick and protective lather - and amazing post-shave face feel. So much so I took my apprenticeship with the AS-D2, and Feather loaded, up a notch and finished with ATG buffing. Now this is BBS!!!!

Brush: Vintage Simpson butterscotch
Soap: MdC Shaving Soap
Razor: Gillette Slim ADjustable [9]
Blade: Vintage Schick Super Platinum (?) [4]
Post-shave: Floid Vigoroso

Face was raped again today - but BBS

Pre-shave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Cerda
Soap: L'Occiatine Cade
Razor: Mongoose
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional "Super" (3)
Post-shave: Floid Blue

The highlight of this morning was the lather from the L'Occitaine Cade soap. It's getting better as the rock hard puck softens up with use. Soaking the puck whilst I shower is definitely enhancing the richness and glide of the lather. A top product this is turning out to be.

Fast tracking the Semogue to it's full potential is trucking along. That awesome image of Stillsy's #1305 is keeping me on track.

Floid Blue is a nice match for the Cade. Someone once asked me what the difference was between the Floid and the Myrsol. Both "Blue's" have that classic Barbershop scent and cooling menthol, but I'm picking up some citrus in the Blue. That's my take anyway.

Brush Frank Shaving Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim H4
Blade Permasharp (3)
Pre-Shave Proraso Green
Soap C&E Nomad
Cream Shave Shaving Cream (Tube)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & Natio Calming Aftershave Balm

Needed somewhere to put the MWF so decided to bring the C&E Nomad out from the back of the cupboard and turn it into body soap.
Decided to give it one last spin, but decided to bulk it up with some Shave shaving cream.

Lather was fair (nothing compared to MWF or Proraso) but the Permasharp came through. Wouldn't like to repeat the combination again but the Permasharps are cementing their place as favorite blade. Have to break out the PolSilvers next week and see how they go with MWF.

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Cherry ( think this is what it is; I only got it recently and it looks identical to the pics of the semogue owners cherry)
Pre-Shave: washed my face in the shower
Soap: Something I mashed into a TOBS Jermyn bowl a year or so ago and forgot. maybe Valobra?
Razor: BLOODLETTER R41
Blade: Gillette Black Plat (1st)
Post-shave: pfft. Rubbed a handful of gravel over my face and called it good.

I only needed two passes with the Holiest of Holy Razors. I think I might give the Black Plats up after this one. At least in this razor. I'm feeling disappointed after a shave with them lately. Perhaps sensing some insolence in them...

The soap, the brush, the water...all fine. Nothing to write a mini-series about starring Matthew Perry with some tired tit jokes.

The nurse should be in with my pills soon TUESDAY'S PUDDING DAY!

I don't even recall how I got this brush; I think a mate gave it to me for something. The brush is not bad, it is fairly new and stiff as a board. Needs moar work. Ha. Moar. Like boar.

Anyway...the fire grows dim and I must away whilst my comrades hold the bolsheviks at bay; faree the well constant reader.

Well the soap has little scent any more. It is slightly barber-shop but with a very very faint marzipan scent. The brush just appeared one day - sounds odd but that's the truth. It's a medium size Semogue with stiff boar and a wood grain handle with a slight stain. No idea what it is. I might put up a picture and you lads can help me ID it.

Pills...I needed four valium each way on my flight recently because I hate flying and when you hate flying, Panic Attack Disorder is an ugly thing. So Valium was my co-pilot. Maybe I still have some in my system.

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Cherry ( think this is what it is; I only got it recently and it looks identical to the pics of the semogue owners cherry)
Pre-Shave: washed my face in the shower
Soap: Something I mashed into a TOBS Jermyn bowl a year or so ago and forgot. maybe Valobra?
Razor: BLOODLETTER R41
Blade: Gillette Black Plat (1st)
Post-shave: pfft. Rubbed a handful of gravel over my face and called it good.

I only needed two passes with the Holiest of Holy Razors. I think I might give the Black Plats up after this one. At least in this razor. I'm feeling disappointed after a shave with them lately. Perhaps sensing some insolence in them...

The soap, the brush, the water...all fine. Nothing to write a mini-series about starring Matthew Perry with some tired tit jokes.

The nurse should be in with my pills soon TUESDAY'S PUDDING DAY!

I don't even recall how I got this brush; I think a mate gave it to me for something. The brush is not bad, it is fairly new and stiff as a board. Needs moar work. Ha. Moar. Like boar.

Anyway...the fire grows dim and I must away whilst my comrades hold the bolsheviks at bay; faree the well constant reader.

Now this is a shave of the day entry 47 likes

Time for a generic posting from me.

Because I don't use new hoity toity stuff with names I can't even pronounce, this is my SOTD that can be glanced at any time in the future if anyone wonders what I am using. Unless I radically change things this will be the last SOTD from me.

Same brush
Same razor on the same settings
Blades Slick Schick or Spoiler or Indian Wilkinsons
Soap/cream whatever comes to hand
Result - always good.

That's it
The end.

Because I don't use new hoity toity stuff with names I can't even pronounce, this is my SOTD that can be glanced at any time in the future if anyone wonders what I am using. Unless I radically change things this will be the last SOTD from me.

Same brush
Result - always good.

That's it
The end.

Don't be like that. What's the point of being on a shaving forum if not to talk about shaving?

We can talk in theory all we want, but it's the SOTD thread where the rubber hits the road.

Don't be like that. What's the point of being on a shaving forum if not to talk about shaving?

We can talk in theory all we want, but it's the SOTD thread where the rubber hits the road.
Just look at the post time mate, 4:16am. Obviously someone was in a real low pill trough. Try @gthomas04 again around morning tea when the AM meds are at their peak - then it's all heel clicking, happy clapping, "em moi fougere" and waxing lyrical on the glory of SEs.

Brush: Vintage Simpson butterscotch
Soap: Jabonman Mountain Shaving Soap
Razor: Personna Micrometric [6]
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' [3]
Post-shave: Floid Vigoroso

With a nod to @Nick the Knife my face was loved this morning. Held against the soft bosom, gently caressed with the lightest of touches, embraced with love and tenderness.

BBS again too.

I think you've got plenty of hoity toity samples, you just don't know how to pronounce them!

Same brush
Result - always good.

That's it
The end.
I think a few of us are starting to dial in to our favourite combinations like this, and are getting close to your set up. Pretty much my only changes are in the soap / aftershave section, with an occassional brush change if the Omega hasn't had chance to dry out properly.

Just look at the post time mate, 4:16am. Obviously someone was in a real low pill trough. Try @gthomas04 again around morning tea when the AM meds are at their peak - then it's all heel clicking, happy clapping, "em moi fougere" and waxing lyrical on the glory of SEs.
Wrong @stillshunter by 4:16 I have had my first cup of tea and am usually enjoying my first coffee - it is simply the case if there is nothing new to say why use up the space.

Wrong @stillshunter by 4:16 I have had my first cup of tea and am usually enjoying my first coffee - it is simply the case if there is nothing new to say why use up the space.
What a difference some pills make - late morning tea (as predicted) and all is well again with the world.

20150402_SOTDS_zpsysspd41v.jpg

Brush:
Whipped Dog 24/48 Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Occams Original pre-shave soap
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: The Wolf
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: Moroccan Organic Argan Oil

Sunny cool day today morning, so time to get out the Schafmilch. Visiting old friends can be such a joy - and this one in particular. What a shame I am not a big fan of the scent, but the performance is so up there - perfect glide, cushion and protection and dead easy to get tons of rich creamy lather.

I definitely have to pick some up, next time when I am in Vienna and maybe talk to them about a different scent or at least an unscented version...

After last disappointing shave with the green Astra I was bracing myself for something similar. I even had a Voskhod out, just in case I would need to change blades mid shave.

And then the positive surprise: nice blade! Not the sharpest, but definitely smooth. Had to work a bit and some buffing to get the desired result and the shave was not as close as I would like. Having said that, there was zero pulling and tugging and the whole shave was very comfortable.

With this razor they beat the Astra's by a mile and I will definitely try them out with other razors. Having said, for 1$ extra/100 you do get Voskhods, and they are as smooth, yet sharper.

Status
Not open for further replies.