Hello from Bangkok

My thoughts was long weekend as a minimum, to enable easier travel arrangements/flexibility for prospective interstate/international ? members :)
A Sydney based meeting would be a good test run though no doubt :)
Will leave it in your capable hands and see what you can surprise us with.

I assume "(meet up) here", not "meet (up here)".
Well I had a wee chuckle re the "meet up" question and answers. I have been in Asia long enough to not use two part phrasal verbs
ie verbs usually followed by a preposition and sometimes by an adverb. The non-English speakers either don't understand or get it
totally wrong. Meet up (two words) is fine (Oxford Dictionary) - so I get it - finally. Me and the grey matter are getting a little long
in the tooth.

Reactions: MrT
Me and the grey matter are getting a little long in the tooth.
That's the great thing about wet shaving - you don't have to stop until you hit the grave... They'll still let you take a blade to your throat if you're 100+ years old. [emoji6]

Reactions: MrT
Welcome Chris - getting close to lunchtime here and after recently watching the excellent SBS series with David Thompson and given that Wetshaving & Thai cuisine are certainly both on my life essentials list, I'm very jealous of the wonderful street food you've got access to up there (and that isn't a metaphor for anything low brow! :rolleyes:

Look forward to chatting with you around the forums, cheers, Nick

Well I had a wee chuckle re the "meet up" question and answers. I have been in Asia long enough to not use two part phrasal verbs
ie verbs usually followed by a preposition and sometimes by an adverb. The non-English speakers either don't understand or get it
totally wrong. Meet up (two words) is fine (Oxford Dictionary) - so I get it - finally. Me and the grey matter are getting a little long
in the tooth.

Two part verbs are not the sort of thing you should have to put up with...

Welcome Chris - getting close to lunchtime here and after recently watching the excellent SBS series with David Thompson and given that Wetshaving & Thai cuisine are certainly both on my life essentials list, I'm very jealous of the wonderful street food you've got access to up there (and that isn't a metaphor for anything low brow! :rolleyes:

Look forward to chatting with you around the forums, cheers, Nick

Hello Nick. It's just after breakfast coffee time up here (in Bangkok) and the SBS programme you mentioned is currently on air. To be honest I haven't watched it - don't need to, as there are dozens of food vendors a short walk in any direction. FWIW I cook at home. Wetshaving and coffee are on my essential list. ;) Cheers.

Wetshaving and coffee are on my essential list. ;) Cheers.
Coffee culture is blossoming in Thailand to be sure! They like it sweet though... [emoji6]

Coffee culture is blossoming in Thailand to be sure! They like it sweet though... [emoji6]
Yes they do. They also put lots of salt and sugar in the locally-made lemon juice as well as dollops of vinegar offset with sugar in their noodles; palm sugar not cane sugar. The local sweets are also covered in chillies, salt and sugar.

Hey - that's better than the desserts full of sweetcorn and kidney beans that my wife likes to buy when we go back to her home town.

I'm late saying welcome AGAIN :(

Welcome mate - they are a bunch of enablers here - beware!!!!

I'm late saying welcome AGAIN :(

Welcome mate - they are a bunch of enablers here - beware!!!!
Says the one with a collection that dwarfs the Gillette museum ;)

Says the one with a collection that dwarfs the Gillette museum ;)

There is a Gillette Museum???? :)

I think Mr Razor has that ....

Hey - that's better than the desserts full of sweetcorn and kidney beans that my wife likes to buy when we go back to her home town.
I don't eat much in the way of Thai sweets. Sounds like a North Eastern lady? I do like kidney beans and corn but not in desserts.

I don't eat much in the way of Thai sweets. Sounds like a North Eastern lady? I do like kidney beans and corn but not in desserts.
Nah, she's from a little bit south of you in Malaysia.

I've got to say I liked the green mango etc dipped in chillied sugar when I first tried them. Wouldn't want to eat them frequently, but nice for a change.

Durian however (although you can keep the rotten stinky thai variant), I love and could eat daily.