The finished products sticky

In my case, it is very sad the glorious P.160 shaving soap is no longer in production. I still have a tiny chunk of it and it is almost gone. I wish I had more.
Some folks reckon the newly released Razorock P.160 is a pretty good approximation. I've not tried it myself as I was lucky enough, very recently, to secure a tub of the legendary original P.160 (Tipo Duro). Also have another small sample pot of the Tipo Morbido. I'm committed to only taking to them with a brush on special occasions (same as my supply of Irisch Moos). Noting I was too late arriving at wet shaving to have bought a 1kg block to prepare for the worst, this stuff must last the rest of my lifetime.

Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel gone

Way too much buying and not enough finishing on this forum. Bottle of Nivea After Shave Balm is a goner. Tube of Tabac cream is almost there.

November 24 2011 Monsta created this thread.

This will be the #127th post. in 3 and a half years.

March 2015 Acquisitions Thread is finishing tonight on #157. In one month.

Shudders

There are not 157 posts of aquisitions in that thread - there might be 20. The rest is off-topic babble about these purchases.
Yeah great point RM, whereas the Finished Product Sticky reads like a simple laundry list.

There are not 157 posts of aquisitions in that thread - there might be 20. The rest is off-topic babble about these purchases.

Well, let's take that analogy one step further. Assuming, over a 3 1/2 year period, an average of 10 purchases/month (things were a lot quieter then), that gives us roughly 400 purchases. Even assuming that every post in the finished product sticky is just that (i.e. a total of 127 finished products) that means that people are buying new stuff at more than 3 times the rate at which they're finishing stuff, over the same period. Of course we also have to allow for the fact that some purchases are hardware and not strictly finishable but still......not good enough folks.

Last edited:
Well, let's take that analogy one step further. Assuming, over a 3 1/2 period, an average of 10 purchases/month (things were a lot quieter then), that gives us roughly 400 purchases. Even assuming that every post in the finished product sticky is just that (i.e. a total of 127 finished products) that means that people are buying new stuff at more than 3 times the rate at which they're finishing stuff, over the same period. Of course we also have to allow for the fact that some purchases are hardware and not strictly finishable but still......not good enough folks.
Wow nicely written...you've missed your calling - come to Canberra and make this sort of stuff your life!

I've managed to finish a Proraso red tube and a tube of Fauldings. I'm surprisingly close to finishing a kilo of Cella (most of it has been shared).

I've managed to finish a Proraso red tube and a tube of Fauldings. I'm surprisingly close to finishing a kilo of Cella (most of it has been shared).
You're a rare breed around here mate. Someone who finishes soaps and creams... Incredible!

You're a rare breed around here mate. Someone who finishes soaps and creams... Incredible!
With my current wife imposed sabbatical ("You will not be getting anymore soaps for at least 12 months unless they're free") you can add me to that "rare breed" too. And I did finish my first soap, C&E West Indian Lime that I purchased to begin shaving. 6 months later I discovered this site and it's been all downhill since. And I told her the initial outlay would be recouped in the money we saved by not buying buying plastic disposables and canned foams. What a joke that was. Or simply lack of knowledge regarding enablers.

With my current wife imposed sabbatical ("You will not be getting anymore soaps for at least 12 months unless they're free") you can add me to that "rare breed" too. And I did finish my first soap, C&E West Indian Lime that I purchased to begin shaving. 6 months later I discovered this site and it's been all downhill since. And I told her the initial outlay would be recouped in the money we saved by not buying buying plastic disposables and canned foams. What a joke that was. Or simply lack of knowledge regarding enablers.
Mate, if that's what she's stated, we can work around that w/o any problems at all :)
What product do you want to purchase ?
I'll sell you a container to hold it within for the containers and items cost and give you the said item free :)
Too easy ;)

Mate, if that's what she's stated, we can work around that w/o any problems at all :)
I'll sell you a container to hold it within for the containers and items cost and give you the said item free :)
Too easy ;)

Finished product sticky! I'm all for taking a thread off course but as far as this one is concerned turning it into yet another enabling thread is just too much.

Finished a tube of Tabac cream and this inspite of my wifes complaints about it's scent. That's what I call dedication to product finishing. I had to sneak the shaves in whilst she was otherwise distracted or out shopping or whatever.

Well I guess that's why they call me an enabler @drubb... wait @Pjotr
My apologies @Drubbing

To appease those more squirmish about topic wandering.
Shaver Heaven Balm - Summer Fling - sample from @filobiblic by memory, can see myself seeking others to try, yet this scent would be a nice summer scent.
Simpsons shave cream - Peppermint & Rosemary - sample from @Monsta_AU , not a scent that I'd warm to, yet it still performed admirably.
Proraso red shave cream sample - (anyone want to own up to this?) well I went and obtained (traded with @filobiblic iirc) a tub, enough said really.

Too easy ;)
Thanks for the offer @borked but there is an air of deceitfulness about your plan & I would end up like @Mark1966 and make up my own rules to a sabbatical. While @Mark1966 is only being deceitful to himself (nobody else is fooled by a bean counter's, expediture Vs sales story - it's still purchasing) I would be deceitful to my wife; and that is a place no rational man wants to venture. But once again, thanks for putting forward an enabling plan.

Frankensoaped the dregs of a Proraso tub and my Speick soap, kind of knocks of f the menthol. Should be good for another couple weeks of shaves.

Giving up on the Speick stick soap, will stay with the cream. I find it just as good, but easier to keep long term. Already have a new tube from a month or so ago. Paired with a synth, it's pretty damn good.