Catch ups, meet ups and other off topic rubbish ...

5 isa browns, 2 australorps and 2 white things. There was a rooster too but he won't last more than a night.

5 isa browns, 2 australorps and 2 white things. There was a rooster too but he won't last more than a night.
A bit cocky, don't you think ?

White with some grey/black? Sussex perhaps?

I like the Australorps - a beautiful bird and great layer. The isa Browns are solid layers.

How many weeks old are they?

Listen to you country types hey talking chooks.

....ISA Browns are a great layer and great temperaments too (very docile)....as long as they got enough protein in their diet otherwise they find it from their friends....always a problem with prolific layers. (NB: ISA is capitalised as it's an acronym "Institut de Sélection Animale"), Australorps aren't bad but a little more flighty. Whites could be Sussex but more likely just a leghorn. Now back to milking the cows...

These ones are around 12 -18 months old. Some of them are reaching the end of their maximum laying period, but to offset that I only paid $50 for all of them.
They are staying at a mates house right now while I finish off my coop. I'm hoping they survive, as he had two turkey's cark it yesterday due to what he thinks might be botulism - a risk you get in the wet season up here.

Unfortunately one of the new chooks didn't make it through the night either. It wasn't looking healthy when we got back from picking them up, but appeared to be on the mend when we gave it some water. Guess the shock didn't do it too many favours.
The rest all seem happy though,

Mine is too young to understand the wonderfulness that Bacon is but I'd be happy to use my stomach muscles to use putting the cooked jigsaw together.

Just bought 9 chooks today. Think I need to get cracking on the coop for them tomorrow.

Chicken pieces wrapped in bacon on the BBQ ... ... ... you've got it goin' on with all the ingredients @eggbert !!!

Out-of-turn catch-up with @Mark1966 today - so we made it a very quick lunch - main excuse was to handover the RRSS. Nice excuse for some Grill'd burgers....though my eyes were too big for my stomach AGAIN! Scored some nice stuff from Mark including a couple more rocking horse droppings razors to continue the RAW. I'll keep y'all posted via the SOTD. Never tire of Mark's company, a great bloke indeed....even without the beer!

Out-of-turn catch-up with @Mark1966 today - so we made it a very quick lunch - main excuse was to handover the RRSS. Nice excuse for some Grill'd burgers....though my eyes were too big for my stomach AGAIN! Scored some nice stuff from Mark including a couple more rocking horse droppings razors to continue the RAW. I'll keep y'all posted via the SOTD. Never tire of Mark's company, a great bloke indeed....even without the beer!

Sadly my stomach always does what the eyes say :(

Great catching up with @stillshunter as always and doing a trade as well - the Floid is in the house!!!

No beers over lunch as we are dutifully working but still a good conversation.

Well final essay done and first subject completed. I did cut it a little close ...

Not happy with the essay but it will pass.

Well final essay done and first subject completed. I did cut it a little close ...

Not happy with the essay but it will pass.
10 mins to spare! Just think, I used to take 10 mins to print and staple my essays. You just need to press send! [emoji13]

Congrats on finishing the first subject!

10 mins to spare! Just think, I used to take 10 mins to print and staple my essays. You just need to press send! [emoji13]

Congrats on finishing the first subject!
Well with the interwebs connection I have out here it would take 15 minutes to send....FAIL!
Congrats @Mark1966 I reckon that's got to be a weight off your mind. But the $12 dollar question, did you disprove the words of that "good judge"?

Thanks guys.

Yes @filobiblic the online submission (and plagiarism check) is much easier BUT it still could be a lot easier in total. The standard Australian Guide to Legal Citation style we have to use for example is 380+ pages of pendency yet is still not exhaustive in their examples AND requires citations in a different format in footnotes and the bibliography AND uses a different format to the online databases. So I basically spent all last night reformating my citations - what a waste of time that was :(

I'm fortunate to have the NBN here @stillshunter though I'm too cheap to pay more than for a faster than ADSL2+ speed. (I've got ADSL2+ at the office which is just as quick but has occasional glitches - like this last week ...)

I did disapprove but didn't have any time to polish the essay so am not really happy with it. On the positive side though we got our exam results back and with that and the oral presentation I've passed.

Thanks guys.

Yes @filobiblic the online submission (and plagiarism check) is much easier BUT it still could be a lot easier in total. The standard Australian Guide to Legal Citation style we have to use for example is 380+ pages of pendency yet is still not exhaustive in their examples AND requires citations in a different format in footnotes and the bibliography AND uses a different format to the online databases. So I basically spent all last night reformating my citations - what a waste of time that was :(

I'm fortunate to have the NBN here @stillshunter though I'm too cheap to pay more than for a faster than ADSL2+ speed. (I've got ADSL2+ at the office which is just as quick but has occasional glitches - like this last week ...)

I did disapprove but didn't have any time to polish the essay so am not really happy with it. On the positive side though we got our exam results back and with that and the oral presentation I've passed.

I have recently just finished a degree, and the best thing I learnt about was a program called 'zotero'. It is a citation program. I wish I heard about it in first year.

PM me if you want more details, but basically there are three parts to it: the program, the web browser plugin, and the MS Word plugin.

With the web browser plugin, you simply navigate to the page of your book on your online library catalogue, and click a button that sucks in all the relevant info.

Then, in Word, you click 'insert citation' and you simply say what pages, and it then does it. It also does a bibliography.

The program ties it all together.

For it to work, there will need to be two extra bits. Firstly, for the web browser plugin to work, there will need to be a special file that tells zotero how to read your Uni's online catalogue. Second, there will need to be another special file that tells it how to format the citation into the required format.

The good news for you is that, given you go to a major uni, and are formatting it into a popular format, I'm nearly certain that both will be included with the program by default.

So, just download the Zotero 'stand alone' program, and then have a play.

It's also completely free :)

I have recently just finished a degree, and the best thing I learnt about was a program called 'zotero'. It is a citation program. I wish I heard about it in first year.

PM me if you want more details, but basically there are three parts to it: the program, the web browser plugin, and the MS Word plugin.

With the web browser plugin, you simply navigate to the page of your book on your online library catalogue, and click a button that sucks in all the relevant info.

Then, in Word, you click 'insert citation' and you simply say what pages, and it then does it. It also does a bibliography.

The program ties it all together.

For it to work, there will need to be two extra bits. Firstly, for the web browser plugin to work, there will need to be a special file that tells zotero how to read your Uni's online catalogue. Second, there will need to be another special file that tells it how to format the citation into the required format.

The good news for you is that, given you go to a major uni, and are formatting it into a popular format, I'm nearly certain that both will be included with the program by default.

So, just download the Zotero 'stand alone' program, and then have a play.

It's also completely free :)
Oh boy I did my degree the mugs way...no inter webs either when I was downloading my thoughts.

Oh boy I did my degree the mugs way...no inter webs either when I was downloading my thoughts.
Haha! Now we can download and print you out a degree of you like. What would you like your major to be? [emoji13]