Q: Why have I stopped collecting?

That's what a collector would say. But I guess getting confirmation that your collection has just potentially quadrupled in value must be satisfying.

It would be IF I thought I was likely to get that value ...

How much value would that case add to a full set of whatever it was meant to contain? More than the asking price of the case itself?

How much value would that case add to a full set of whatever it was meant to contain? More than the asking price of the case itself?

It is the case for a British Aristocrat #21 set -

1948%20Aristocrat%20No21.JPG

I reckon that the case would add about $100 - $120 to an uncased razor but then again I may be out of touch the way prices have been lately.

Certainly at $170 delivered it is going to be a punt as to whether you would cover costs IMHO - and the whole game is just getting so expensive!

To give you another example of what I mean, I have one of these in better condition.

No way can I afford to drop that sort of cash on a razor - unfortunately those buyers never seem to be around when I'm selling too :(

Crazy stuff

Oh I like watching sabbatical brothers go at it ;) *grabs the popcorn*

To give you another example of what I mean, I have one of these in better condition.

$3k? I remember when Copierguy on B&B shelled out ~$900 for that 1-5 Red Dot Toggle around 5 years ago and I thought that was ridiculously high pricing. And then this heavily used, coating rubbed & plate-loss uncased example sells for $3K?

That's not crazy, that's lock 'em up and throw them in the padded cell bone-fide insane.

Last edited:
Yes and why are those people not around when I'm selling!

$900 for that by Copierguy was a bargain ...

Imagine prices in another 5 years...

Imagine prices in another 5 years...

Yes and no ...

I think that there is a point reached where it just gets out of touch for too many people. I mean even now, knowing what that Toggle sold for recently would you pay $2,000 for one or think that might be a bit of a gamble still?

Alternatively would I drop $3k on the one Copierguy has? Despite knowing its rarity I'm not sure that I could.

The $3k recent sale was also a BIN. It meant that one person convinced themselves to drop that cash - they might just be crazy and the only one. At least in an auction you know that there are two people prepared to pay around the final value.

Mind you, I have two cased Milords (which @borked has seen) and I paid about $120 delivered for the pair, and they are being listed as lower quality cased examples for $150+.

If someone here wants to buy a Milord for $150, they can PM me :ROFLMAO:

Mind you, I have two cased Milords (which @borked has seen) and I paid about $120 delivered for the pair, and they are being listed as lower quality cased examples for $150+.

If someone here wants to buy a Milord for $150, they can PM me :ROFLMAO:
Of course, the usual unspoken truth is a deal could be cut with the right number and type of vintage blades :)

Still some nice looking bits going cheapish though if you have contacts in other countries
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291380508498
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151586149566

Well I have both and both are still a long way from being over so price will increase. The British #66 set is nicer than the recent one on eBay Aus but postage from France can be steep. I could never understand it but some sellers could ship to you for 5 euros while the cheapest others could do is 25 euros - a BIG difference.

Well I have both and both are still a long way from being over so price will increase. The British #66 set is nicer than the recent one on eBay Aus but postage from France can be steep. I could never understand it but some sellers could ship to you for 5 euros while the cheapest others could do is 25 euros - a BIG difference.
Use shipito.com @Mark1966 [emoji6]
I've been told that they have an Austrian postal address in Europe and then forward it to you from there.