The Worst Blade in The World

Well that is because there are plenty of machines out there designed to use a standard DE format blade.

I note that they make these out of carbide - which should last and last and last. 100 Shaves or more?

Well that is because there are plenty of machines out there designed to use a standard DE format blade.

I note that they make these out of carbide - which should last and last and last. 100 Shaves or more?

Damn, so they've gone from a potential worst to a potential best blade in the world. Confusing.

I should think they would remain sharp for a very long time.

That said, they may not be any good for shaving in the first place. You are probably also looking at something like $1 per blade as they are meant to be long life blades for slitting plastic films.

They're not intended for shaving, yet share the same razor shape, so could be an interesting experiment, particularly since you're able to have a sample sent to you :)

Had the "pleasure" of shaving with a Treet and a Lord blade recently. Although both don't vie for the position currently held by Shogun, I pity the poor bastards who have to rely on a supply of these. The Treet in particular is just plain nasty. All in all a very enlightening experience.

Last edited:
Had the "pleasure" of shaving with a Treet and a Lord blade recently. Although both don't vie for the position currently held by Shogun, I pity the poor bastards who have to rely on a supply of these. The Treet in particular is just plain nasty. All in all a very enlightening experience.
Really? Are you talking these Treets?
treet_100_1.jpg

As I used to quite like the shave I got out of them. I'll have to try again and see.... 'Cause I certainly remember the Merkur being far, far worse.

Yep, that's the one. Can't recall if it was platinum super stainless. It's not like the Shogun I tried which I couldn't actually get to cut stubble. You can certainly shave with a Treet but it's rough. Still have a Merkur lined up for trial.

Dissapointed ?

That's the one. I guess I could possibly eek one shave out of one but it just felt horrible so why bother. It could be I had a dud.