Plisson Synthetic

Nice try, none there - I checked...

You could have mine @Mark1966 if you're keen mate ....in trade for... hmmm.....
The man with two of everything needs cash to justify future non active collectables materialising in his collection :)

nah, I don't need this - but will pick up any in person and post for $7.20 if anybody wants one :)

Whoot, got mine in the post today. I did a bit of a hand lather to try it out. Night and day difference compared to my Omega synthetic. Amazing how soft this is.
I am a little concerned re lack of backbone. I lathered some Razorock and it took a bit longer to laod than im used to, imagine a harder soap eg a MWF would be extremely difficult to laod with this?

I got mine recently too. It was posted to me from a friend in the US. It turned out to be an older Plisson, without L'Occitane printed on the handle... I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, but most stuff I've seen on the net suggests that they are almost identical.

I've been loving it so far. Yes, it is very soft, but it seems to be able to load no dramas. Because it doesn't need much soap to lather, you don't need to dig the soap out as much as with a boar.

Whoot, got mine in the post today. I did a bit of a hand lather to try it out. Night and day difference compared to my Omega synthetic. Amazing how soft this is.
I am a little concerned re lack of backbone. I lathered some Razorock and it took a bit longer to laod than im used to, imagine a harder soap eg a MWF would be extremely difficult to laod with this?

Doubt it, given you need less soap to begin with, to get more lather. I've got the Aesop and it works with any soaps. If anything I load too much, habit from using badger and boar for years.

I've had no probs using the Plisson to lather with hard, soft, cream or croap. Some hard soaps do benefit from "blooming" but that's the soap and not the brush.

Any synthetic will generally load quicker than a natural bristle brush. If you've only used boars previously then you'll have fun trying out some badgers. Cause if you think the Plisson is "soft"...!

Sorry but the Plisson Pioneer - @Marlow - the man who started it all - disagreed with you even back in August last year mate.

Cracked da Fat with the Plisson, no problems at all.

Ten second load (I counted) and a face lather.

Beautiful stuff is that Mitchell's Wool Fat. Rich creamy and slick. My face feels great after that.

I am very pleased with this brush so far, actually it is becoming my favourite.

I must also say that I have never had any problems with the MW Fat with other brushes either.

Oh yeah that was just a few posts before he continued with:
Well thanks for that subliminal nudge Stills, I won't go on any more on here but all I can say is this Plisson is a bloody good brush.
...forgot about the role I played in enabling back then. Where is @Marlow nowadays I kinda miss him.

No sign of @Marlow these days. Probably took off into the sunset with his French love interest...

No sign of @Marlow these days. Probably took off into the sunset with his French love interest...
I reckon he's over the newest riffraff on P&C.....hey wait a second that's me....I drove him away. Pretty damned likely too. Anyway I miss his zen koans and other sansei-styled ramblings. Seriously though, top bloke, c'mon back now ya'hear!

Sorry but the Plisson Pioneer - @Marlow - the man who started it all - disagreed with you even back in August last year mate.

Oh yeah that was just a few posts before he continued with:

...forgot about the role I played in enabling back then. Where is @Marlow nowadays I kinda miss him.

Even better. I dont have to many hard soaps anyway, just the first thing that came to mind upon my initial hand lather.

P.S i just recieved my x2 Mikes soaps in the pm mail run so that will be the SOTD for Tuesday :)

I reckon he's over the newest riffraff on P&C.....hey wait a second that's me....I drove him away. Pretty damned likely too. Anyway I miss his zen koans and other sansei-styled ramblings. Seriously though, top bloke, c'mon back now ya'hear!
The joint is certainly a different place since he last posted. For one, there's more Plisson brushes than the local L'Occitane store! Even Monsta is a convert. I'm sure he'd be delighted about the amount of French synthetic love happening.

Missed out!
Back to $100 now ....

I have a friend in the US who would buy a bunch for us if we wanted and ship them over. Still $30 US.

I have a friend in the US who would buy a bunch for us if we wanted and ship them over. Still $30 US.
Argh! You're under-cutting our generously super-duper offer. Now, I just don't want to pick a fight with @MrT (as I'll lose [emoji32])...

(Psst! It'll end up being US$30 plus taxes, so closer to A$37 and up. [emoji6])

Argh! You're under-cutting our generously super-duper offer. Now, I just don't want to pick a fight with @MrT (as I'll lose [emoji32])...

(Psst! It'll end up being US$30 plus taxes, so closer to A$37 and up. [emoji6])

Plus overseas shipping...

I know I am very late to the show - but this might be of interest:

Yesterday I used my Plisson for the first time and of course it looked dry almost before I cleaned my gear.

In the evening I (actually my wife) noticed, that while the brush look dry on the outside, the inside was still wet! So I got the stand out of the box and hung the brush and of course today in the morning it was bone dry...might be the reason why some of the knots tend to fall out of the handle?

Did you also give it a flick or something before you hung it up?

The reason I ask is that I was reading something lately that said that the upside down hanging thing doesn't actually improve drying speed, which was a comfort to me since my chubby 2 doesn't fit in my stand.

Well all my brushes have lil 'super' magnets siliconed to the tips of their handles so I can hang them from my cheapo rack that they reside in. I'm OCD about most things and always rinse out, shake and towel swirl a brush post-use but after the Plisson has been upside down for a few hours the tips are clearly wetter than the rest of the knot.

I'm a firm believer in hanging your brushes upside down post-use. A lot of folks think otherwise but simply put 'gravity don't lie' - and the idea is to get the moisture out of the knot and not up towards the handle so any way you look at it this + gravity has no downside.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying upside down hanging is the be all and end all but I firmly believe it HELPS and so if you can easily do it then it's a no brainer for me.

As far as knots falling out of the Plissons, early on I realised I was going to be using mine A LOT and so I applied several coats of matt varnish (estapol type stuff) to it making sure I went right up and just over the stainless steel 'cup' that I assume the knot is set into. By my way of thinking this made it almost impossible for moisture to get into the wooden handle - barring dropping it or scratching through the now multiple layers.

FWIW I actually prefer the matt finish and it's more grippy - so win-win from a few mins work. Whilst I love the look of wooden handles I'm always concerned about them on brushes as over time it's tricky to keep them from being affected by the omnipresent moisture etc.