Greetings from Italy

Anthony and Occams are two Aussies active here.
Will from Barrister and Mann (USA) also participates when free.

A very belated welcome. As this is an Aussie forum where there is no such thing as fully writing a two-syllable name you are now RG. That's actually a pretty cool abbreviation if you ask me.

Anthony and Occams are two Aussies active here.
Will from Barrister and Mann (USA) also participates when free.

Thanks for your reply. Is there any website where their razors can be seen?
And, by the way, I hope they have better luck than me in participating as I am not allowed to post in this forum except here and just another thread! ;-)

Hi @razorguy, @Monsta_AU has instituted a few policies to deter spammers from getting onto the website. You appear to have passed most of these policies with flying colours, but may have to wait a day or so until final clearance is given so that you can post everywhere on the site.

A very belated welcome. As this is an Aussie forum where there is no such thing as fully writing a two-syllable name you are now RG. That's actually a pretty cool abbreviation if you ask me.

Thank you for welcoming me here. And also thanks for the abbreviation. I however wonder how the forum would notice me in case you use that! :-D

Hi @razorguy, @Monsta_AU has instituted a few policies to deter spammers from getting onto the website. You appear to have passed most of these policies with flying colours, but may have to wait a day or so until final clearance is given so that you can post everywhere on the site.

Thank you so much for clarifying that better. I was in fact wondering what should I do in order to participate as I did not find any information on this regard.
I could not see any FAQ about this subject or I probably missed it? Maybe there is a thread dedicated to newcomers to read?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply. Is there any website where their razors can be seen?
And, by the way, I hope they have better luck than me in participating as I am not allowed to post in this forum except here and just another thread! ;-)
@Anthony
@Occams
@Barrister & Mann

They all make soaps/creams (software) that comes recommended.
I do believe each one has a link to their website in their profile as well.

Thank you so much for clarifying that better. I was in fact wondering what should I do in order to participate as I did not find any information on this regard.
I could not see any FAQ about this subject or I probably missed it? Maybe there is a thread dedicated to newcomers to read?
Thank you.
Check your email account you registered with.
There should be an email that explains these things :)

@Anthony
@Occams
@Barrister & Mann

They all make soaps/creams (software) that comes recommended.
I do believe each one has a link to their website in their profile as well.

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly check it out.
By the way, I too make shaving soaps and aftershaves, although for personal use as they are homemade. I occasionally give them to my friends as they seem to enjoy using my stuff. I like to experiment and it is a lot of fun to shave with your own shaving products. One of my favorite aftershaves is Bay Rum and I am now in the process of making a new one.

Check your email account you registered with.
There should be an email that explains these things :)

I found this mail. It unfortunately was in the spam folder so I did not notice it. I just found out all the notifications from this forum are tagged as spam by Gmail.
I was however lucky enough to start this thread as it was suggested in the welcome mail: it seems I did the right thing even without knowing it! :)

Very interesting. Thank you. Did you have the chance to try one of their razors? How do they shave?
No I haven't yet. It's on my to do list.

That's great that you make your own soaps and aftershaves! It means you can make your favourite scents. [emoji6] I love a good Bay Rum. You should try the Johnny GoodSir TMBR soap. It's his interpretation of the Bay Rum and it smells awesome.

Thank you for your reply. I will certainly check it out.
By the way, I too make shaving soaps and aftershaves, although for personal use as they are homemade. I occasionally give them to my friends as they seem to enjoy using my stuff. I like to experiment and it is a lot of fun to shave with your own shaving products. One of my favorite aftershaves is Bay Rum and I am now in the process of making a new one.

I found this mail. It unfortunately was in the spam folder so I did not notice it. I just found out all the notifications from this forum are tagged as spam by Gmail.
I was however lucky enough to start this thread as it was suggested in the welcome mail: it seems I did the right thing even without knowing it! :)
Glad you found the email and it has helped you :)

Even better news about you making your own soaps and A/S.
There is a recipe somewhere here which a few are considering trying for a Bay Rum A/S.
Curious about your soaps btw...

EDIT @filobiblic is correct the Johnny Goodsir stuff is another Aussie artisan soap to contemplate too :)
Grab a kangaroo leather strop while there.

Even better news about you making your own soaps and A/S.
There is a recipe somewhere here which a few are considering trying for a Bay Rum A/S.
Curious about your soaps btw...

I read the thread in which some members are trying to make their own Bay Rum. Unfortunately, I cannot reply or post there yet... ;) :p
I will post some pictures, maybe in the SOTD, as soon as I will be allowed to post there.

I read the thread in which some members are trying to make their own Bay Rum. Unfortunately, I cannot reply or post there yet... ;) :p
I will post some pictures, maybe in the SOTD, as soon as I will be allowed to post there.
I look forward to it :)

Welcome RG. I had the pleasure of visiting Sicily last year and thought it was fantastic, so I'm especially keen to head back to check out the mainland. My parents visited Perugia last year and rented an apartment for three weeks, and my father came back thinking about how he could retire there. I guess it made a good impression!

Welcome @razorguy. Unfortunately I don't make straights, only shave soaps at this stage.
You can check out my website www.shaverheaven.com.au
I don't ship outside Australia and the US, however, if you're interested, please send me an email and I'll work something out with you.

Thanks again.
Careful now mate, don't want horses heads greeting you first thing in the morning for offers and deals ;)
BTW, feel free to make me offers I'm unable to refuse :)