December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ?
A delivery from AusFarce on a Saturday ?
I won't say no, particularly as it's 2,500 vintage Polsilvers :D

Vintage polsilvers you say. Where would one source these?

I'm still waiting on my 100 polsilvers from Bulgaria. Thinking of buying the 500 pack as no blade I have tried rivals them.

@Adam drop me a line if/when you decide to get more of the modern Polsilver SI's with possible trades :)

@Adam drop me a line if/when you decide to get more of the modern Polsilver SI's with possible trades :)
@borked are you only trading in units of 100? As they'll be a few of us I reckon with some modern Polsilvers if you're keen….just not in the 4000 quantities like some….

My my, I note that two of our more prominent members are already wearing signatures touting their intention to NOT purchase any new shaving items in all of 2015!

I think we need to get a betting line happening on this coming to fruition. Strikes me as a case of one hoping that talk becomes reality. I just want to know did they type those sigs willingly or with a significant other watching sternly over their shoulder. ;)

@borked are you only trading in units of 100? As they'll be a few of us I reckon with some modern Polsilvers if you're keen….just not in the 4000 quantities like some….
I'm happy to discuss lower quantities of the Polsilver SI's for trade, particularly if you've hardware that just doesn't work for you, yet is popular here (like a Weber for example).

As for those upon a sabbatical... I've given our razor collector a days heads up, now for the commoners turn...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MERKUR-A...e-Safety-Razor-like-WALBUSCH-B5-/281530460756

Considering it's 80+ years old and supposedly rarer than a fat boy bottom dial...

No, I've offered him bidding rights, as it would compliment his collection, yet I think his line of credit is still recovering from the last item I afforded him rights to ;)

Received my Simpsons Berkley in the mail today @Drubbing . Actually it was in the post very early this morning so i am thinking there was a possibility it was delivered on Sat. Also means it spent 2 days in my post box without me checking it gaah. Missed the daily shave but will definitely give it a whirl tomorrow.
Thanks for the blades also cant wait to try them.

Well I got two parcels this morning -

One is the Jabonman soaps the other is this beauty -

Magnificent condition - cannot wait to give it a run :)

It really is a beauty.
Glad I enabled you now it is in your possession ?

That's a great looking handle! What kind of knot does it have?

Received my Simpsons Berkley in the mail today

It's awesome! And has another E apparently. You'll love the Berkeley, I'm really enjoying mine….. though so tempted to get a case in pure or a Wee Scot.

Am I mad thinking the pure would be a bit more scrubby? I'm kinda used to that using a boar so long. Guess I'll get used to the softness of best soon too. It's great, just different.

It really is a beauty.
Glad I enabled you now it is in your possession ?

Well I'm certainly grateful for the enabling BUT it is almost too nice to use with the great condition an the box and all ...

Sad aren't I?

It does look cool with the others in the current rotation though -

That's a great looking handle! What kind of knot does it have?

Hard to really tell mate.

The vintage brushes are almost universally marked 'Pure Badger' but the consensus is that this is pure in the sense of unadulterated rather than a grade of hair. There doesn't seem to have been specific grades of hair identified at that time.

Interesting, I asked because it seems like quite a dark, deeper grey colour that looks to be quite typical of the vintage brushes. I wonder if that has to do with the characteristics of the hair, or just aging over time.

Gorgeous set of brushes you've got there, Mark. What's that one on the very left?

Interesting, I asked because it seems like quite a dark, deeper grey colour that looks to be quite typical of the vintage brushes. I wonder if that has to do with the characteristics of the hair, or just aging over time.

Don't know although the 41 to the right of it is re-knotted in current Pure. Its original hair was bleached blonde by the same UV that butterscotched the handle.

Other knots, apart from the TGN finest in the distressed Culmak on the far left are original.

Status
Not open for further replies.