First DE shave

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
So when my box from Filobiblic turned up I was sorting through the various things thinking he's forgotten the Gillette! Oh no wait there is it, really? That tiny thing! I got a shock at how small these things are..

So to try it out I decided to do two passes with the Shaver Heaven Forest soap. One with Filobiblics V1 sample, and the other with the V2 tin I just got.

The first lathering whipped up as slick and rich as Clive Palmer, and just as dense. I took a few swipes with the little toy shaver and had to check to see if the blade was loaded. It was, it just felt like it was wiping away lather. The lather was so dense that the razor would just glide along it and not even touch the skin if I wasn't careful to make sure it was making contact. Well somehow in all this hairs got shorter. The PolSilvers from Borked seemed to work very well, it was a smooth shave with no irritation. It still felt like I was shaving with a toy. When I'm used to a straight extended in hand, this is actually a third of the length.

Still, after two passes it was a very smooth shave, so I was impressed with the results. Just felt alien to use.

The second lathering didn't go quite as well, I think there was a bit much water in the brush and although the tin lent itself to a good loading, the lather was thinner and foamy. I don't think this is a fault of the soap, but technique. The scent seemed a lot stronger in the tin of the V2, but on the face it was only pleasantly stronger, not overpoweringly so.

Your wondering why I used this when the Jabonman was sitting right there? I have a slight cold at the moment so I wanted to save initial Jabonman thoughts for when I was fully functional.

I did however use the Jabonman Aftershave Milk (Coconut with Menthol) that Filobiblic put in so kindly, and that was awesome. To me there is two coconut smells. A dodgy one, and a great one, I can't describe it further than that. This was the great one, with cooling. I'm over face freezing, but this was pleasant cooling. I was very impressed and looking wistfully at the tiny amount I have in my possession.

Another interesting shaving experience! And it used to be a morning chore….

Great write up NowNicked! [emoji6]

Glad to hear the "toy razor" worked well. It's was a great choice to pair the vintage Gillette with the Polsilvers. [emoji106]

Great soap huh?! And local too; easy to obtain and much cheaper too!!!

I think a few people here would want some more Jabonman aftershave...

Great news mate - might I suggest the next toy be a Krona…

….then rather than NowNicked you'll be NowSchicked….as at present you are NoSchick

Which Gillette did you obtain btw ?

They're considered mild, right ?

Glad I was able to afford the trade in that case then :)

Worth suggesting an adjustable ?