Bluebeards revenge shaving cream

Adam

Morning all, I went to go get a hair cut at my new local - Boys club barber. A little off topic but this place seems to be using the Mensbiz business plan, so is a much smaller operation but stock some pretty nice products. So watch this space!

As i finished up i noticed the Bluebeards revenge range of products on the shelf. In the heat of the moment i decided to get the shave cream tub. I had read through some reviews on B&B months ago, and noticed it got alot of positive comments so thought id give it a crack.

I got home last night and opened the little box up, initial thoughts were good. This is probably the best looking cream I own. Clever marketing puns all over the interior and exterior of the box, nice little clear hard plastic case with metal pressed lid. Looks a little small (100ml) but they claim 50 shaves from it so i will see.
There is also an added ingredient, called Decelerine. This is supposed to slow down beard growth, i quite like shaving but i find this hard to believe - out of the possibly 100s of reviews i read through not one could confirm if it worked... But again the claims were; you would notice a difference if you used the product every day for 60 days. Thats just not going to happen for me so all good.

Now for the shave. They direct you to use a almond sized clump and place it in to your damp brush. I did this, it looked like i was using a large amount / 50 shave ratio so i took a 1/4 of the almond sized clump off and went for that. In hind sight it probably left me just short on a 3rd clean up pass. The cream is very slick and thats a huge positive for me, the thickness of the cream wasnt as good as others but again i dont think i have dialled in the perfect ratio just yet.
Scent is really good, it reminds me of the TOBS JS but with a bit more of a citrus scent added. Its very faint and i couldnt smell it at all post shave.

All in all a good shave i rate it a 7.5/10 and could give it a higher score once i dial in the lather a bit better. Any of you lads tried this? If so what were your thoughts?

Yes I've used it and liked it. Even did a little review but that might have got lost when this site went to it's new format. @Drubbing was given a tub of it which he passed to me and I passed it on to @gthomas04 . Do they still promote the slowing of beard growth, secret formula, nuclear waste based ingredient? That was the worst advertising idea ever. We want our beards to grow faster not slower.

Yes I've used it and liked it. Even did a little review but that might have got lost when this site went to it's new format. @Drubbing was given a tub of it which he passed to me and I passed it on to @gthomas04 . Do they still promote the slowing of beard growth, secret formula, nuclear waste based ingredient? That was the worst advertising idea ever. We want our beards to grow faster not slower.
Have it I do - like it I do -find it I must

I haven't tried their cream but I do have their balm. I find that I like a balm to leave my skin feeling moisturised, but this left my skin feeling dry, so not so good for me.