Valor

Hmmmm well I hate to be negative but seriously that website is not helping my interest in their product. It's a borderline anonymous shaving soap so how about a video showing a lather being built and closeups on it. Too much time spent slagging off other products ingredients and promoting inconsequential features of their e.g using organic/biodynamic olive oil. No product weights shown, pricing like a premium product.

I could buy one cake of Valor $23+$8 delivery or 2 bars of Mike's Natural Soaps for around the same price delivered. Hmmmmmmm. All I'm saying is based on the info at hand (and also that despite one decent Olive Oil based product there's clearly a very good reason why it's seldom used in shaving soaps especially as most of the BEST shaving soaps come from mediterranean).

To me the really key thing is that whilst Occams has olive oil as an ingredient it's well down in the % of it in the end product, whereas this Valor one has it as FAR AWAY the major ingredient, "...a blend of around 72-76% Organic Olive Oil...". Everything I've read says that this will lather BIG but then die very quickly. I mean like I said if Olive oil was a sensational shaving soap ingredient why have the Italian, Spanish and Turkish soaps makers not used it as the stuff is super cheap and available there.

Also sorry but their testimonials are really very sus - there's one claiming be be from an Alf in Murwillimbah and also one more from YET ANOTHER Alf in Byron Bay!!! How coincidental. Just sayin'....... ;-)

After reading through this thread and not being able to find a single decent review anywhere I took the plunge and bought a refill puck of their original scent.
Well, as it's already been pointed out $23.00 plus $8.00 postage is not exactly a low price but how bad could it be? Really, how bad?
Very bad, quite possibly the worst soap I've ever used. The scent is ridiculously strong, it's so strong that I could smell it before I'd even got it out of the mailbox. It would be quite a pleasant smell if it was toned down a bit, very much an aniseed scent, it reminds me of ouzo. I could learn to live with the scent if only the bloody stuff would lather, no matter what I did, dripping wet brush, dry brush, in between brush, bowl lather, face lather, palm lather. Nothing works. The lather it does produce is thin, airy rubbish. Typical of most hand soap lathers. Certainly not what I would expect from a shave soap.

After reading through this thread and not being able to find a single decent review anywhere I took the plunge and bought a refill puck of their original scent.
Well, as it's already been pointed out $23.00 plus $8.00 postage is not exactly a low price but how bad could it be? Really, how bad?
Very bad, quite possibly the worst soap I've ever used. The scent is ridiculously strong, it's so strong that I could smell it before I'd even got it out of the mailbox. It would be quite a pleasant smell if it was toned down a bit, very much an aniseed scent, it reminds me of ouzo. I could learn to live with the scent if only the bloody stuff would lather, no matter what I did, dripping wet brush, dry brush, in between brush, bowl lather, face lather, palm lather. Nothing works. The lather it does produce is thin, airy rubbish. Typical of most hand soap lathers. Certainly not what I would expect from a shave soap.
Awwwww, man. Consider that you took one for the team! Thanks @Nightguard. You've now helped us to steer well clear of that "soap".

Thanks for taking one for the team nightguard! Now get yourself some occams to recover
I just consoled myself by ordering some shaver heaven soap.
Awwwww, man. Consider that you took one for the team! Thanks @Nightguard. You've now helped us to steer well clear of that "soap".
Happy to do so. If anyone else wants to give it a try let me know and I'll send it on.

They spent 7 years perfecting it ?
Someone should suggest they head back to the drawing board by the sounds of it...

uploadfromtaptalk1416657777585.jpg7 years to perfect this? They should've saved themselves the hassle and just bought some cheap hand soap. It's the same result.

This is why olive oil in a soap is a stoopid idea…

I bought some shave soap in country WA a few years back. Palm oil and clay base. Total shit. Looked like that valour. They made some otherwise nice bath soaps, gave them honest feedback and they refunded without even asking me.

Last edited:
How much product are you using for that pathetic showing ?

Another one to 100% avoid:
http://www.aussoaps.com.au/products.html

Bought a puck and had the same pathetic lather as shown in the above picture. When I emailed the guy, his answer was: I never said the soap would lather - I just said it works :censored:

And then he wanted me to get him soap recipes to improve his great product...

Anyway, just avoid.

You know how people hate it when you remind them you "told them so"....?

Well I told you so.

Honestly, you compare the scrupples of these vendors who obviously are either morons or know their product sucks and still sell it vs quality vendors, the example I will use is Cold River Soap Co in the USA. They have built a VERY good reputation for their soaps and recently they promoted for a long period they were doing a new frangrance blend Fougere Romantique. ANyway cut a long story short the scent wasn't to their satisfaction and they said they would NOT be releasing it. People posted up asking if they'd sell it off at a discount and they said NO, the entire run was going into the bin.

They felt their reputation for producing a product of a certain standard was worth far more than a small profit or just recouping some of their costs. Now thats an artisan producer with integrity....not these two above mentioned amateurs that give the entire sector a bad name.