Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stroping: 60 on crox and 60 on leather
Cream: Tobs mr Taylor
Brush: PJ milk churn
Blade: dovo stainless rescaled in ebony

A few months since I have shaved with a straight. Today was a nice slow shave, no irritation and skin so amazingly smooth. I had forgotten how good a straight shave was when done well. Smooth shave... No, blade dragged a bit, still need more honing skill. Have my carbon steels super smooth but working on my stainless.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416651782.459632.jpg

Excellent photo Ybbor. Those razors look better near lather than in the storage box!

One pass with touch up on the cheeks = one smooth shave. Feathers pro are so Funny # sharp. Used carefully though and there fantastic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416688750.621854.jpg

Brush: Thater 49125
Soap: Johnny Goodsir
Razor: Weber
Blade: PSS
Aftershave: Floid

The bar has hereby been raised a notch.

First time testing the brush I bought based on how beautiful it looked to my eye. I know beauty can only ever be skin deep but, to be honest, when it comes to shaving that's all I really need. It's sitting up there now just below the STF2. It is the only threat to it's top shelf ranking. Looking forward to putting them head-to-head.

First time with a sample of this soap. The dry scent of this was delicious and it's even better wet. Great news is it performs well and leaves an amazing face feel and post shave aroma. A great Aussie cream that I am definitely buying.

Loves this breed of shave, you know, the one that flavours your day.

Is the 49125 a two band or three. What was the face feel like.
A three band that feels like an uppercut from a day old baby.

Or more technically the knot had decent backbone which completely surprised me, tips that felt they will soften up very very nicely, only the vaguest sense of scratch (whose days are numbered I'd predict) when pressed hard but you could feel the yield, also very controllable splay.

Last edited:
Just picked up a 4125 2 band . Very soft but has some rogue hairs mixed in which need breaking in. Good backbone though.
Which size? Mine's the diminutive "0". Not sure I need bigger unless I develop a larger face or start shaving friends with spare lather.

Soap: Johnny Goodsir

First time with a sample of this soap. The dry scent of this was delicious and it's even better wet. Great news is it performs well and leaves an amazing face feel and post shave aroma. A great Aussie cream that I am definitely buying.

Interesting he's in mullumbimby. Wonder if he's mates with that valor bloke

Where did you get your sample stills?

Lazy 2 pass for a Sunday.

3 day old Astra in The Razor.

Ingrams menthol cream, from Syd. Not bad at all. Has lanolin in it, so theres a glossy sheen to the lather. Works well enough, if runny in the tube. Curious scent but pleasant enough.

Ingrams menthol cream, from Syd. Not bad at all. Has lanolin in it, so theres a glossy sheen to the lather. Works well enough, if runny in the tube. Curious scent but pleasant enough.
Anyone know where you can score Ingrams today?

Milk churn is working real well. Best Simpson I have :)

It's not a Simmo anymore! It was a bad day in the Simmo factory when they put that knot together. Was way too floppy. But then again I think any badger with over 40-45mm of loft can be too floppy.

I'd PM Syd...

I think SYD gets it from an Indian grocery store right next to his work place. I went in there once and they had nothing apart from some really cheap looking synthetic brushes. So either SYDs emptied the shelves or he's sourcing it from somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.