TOB Jermyn Street fanbois club

But apart from all that, it's probably as great as arko…

I think the lingering scent of shave creams is overestimated. I've not come across one that lingers much past the wash off.

It's probably not a 30+ degree scent but I would still give it a run on a warmish day.
That's just it Adam, every day is a 30+ degree day for me. Well, the average daily max temp is over 30 every month of the year.

But apart from all that, it's probably as great as arko…

I think the lingering scent of shave creams is overestimated. I've not come across one that lingers much past the wash off.

Agree with the washing off of scent.

Strongly disagree with the comparison. If I become a mod can I ban people?

Jermyn Street fanbois? More like second hand carbois! After I let myself be enabled to buy the stuff I get told that:
  • it's a bit cloying (never quite sure what that means but it's not good)
  • a bit over powering
  • quite strong and often comes out of your pores (that just sounds positively scary)
  • wouldn't be my daily driver
  • only give it the occasional run in summer
This is not filling me with a great deal of confidence.
Perfect, you're not expecting much from it, so when it arrives, it should impress ;)

We have more that enough mods on this forum - fortunately only one feels the need to actually act on his powers on very rare occasions.
Sour grapes much ? :p

Cooled off on the Arlington yonks ago. Excellent scent (and I'm not really fussed about those, so long as it's not arko), but the soap is so bloody hard, you have to really work to get it in the brush. And I find it slow to lather up. If you love the stuff, you get your moneys worth. This soap is unkillable.

My dailys are pretty much Cella, Speick, Proraso and Tabac.
Grating Arlington seemed to have taught it better compliance. Share your opinion on the preferred dailies.

3 days with it. It's very nice. I don't get the 'strong' scent thing. The Sandalwood is way stronger. There's a scent, it's very different and pleasant, it's noticeable but it doesn't last - I don't know of a single cream or soap that does. I'd use this any time of year.

3 days with it. It's very nice. I don't get the 'strong' scent thing. The Sandalwood is way stronger. There's a scent, it's very different and pleasant, it's noticeable but it doesn't last - I don't know of a single cream or soap that does. I'd use this any time of year.

So are you a fully fledged "fanbois" or merely a "boi" at this point?

So is this stuff any good guys? ;)
If so, which is best the soap or the cream?
P.S., I want you to say 'cream' as the ingredients look far better.

Last edited:

I'd agree with all that.

So is this stuff any good guys? ;)
If so, which is best the soap or the cream?
P.S., I want you to say 'cream' as the ingredients look far better.

Haven't tried the soap. Would recommend the cream based on the shaves I've had so far. Nice stuff, very economical. Can't go wrong.

Haven't tried the soap. Would recommend the cream based on the shaves I've had so far. Nice stuff, very economical. Can't go wrong.
Hmmm…correct answer.
Well I do have some funds from the sale of the TOBS Shaving Shop - thanks GT - that could be reinvested (although it already has three times over), but is the Jermyn Street significantly different to other TOBS. Not trolling just that I've tried a few other TOBS and they seem to perform identically with the only differential being the scent?

no difference at all, except for scent. Some of the scents are stronger, like sandalwood, and so can irritate some people. I can only assume Jermyn is 'sensitive' because it doesn't use those stonger cologne style scents.

Hmmm…correct answer.
Well I do have some funds from the sale of the TOBS Shaving Shop - thanks GT - that could be reinvested (although it already has three times over), but is the Jermyn Street significantly different to other TOBS. Not trolling just that I've tried a few other TOBS and they seem to perform identically with the only differential being the scent?

I would say from the five tobs creams I have tried they perform nearly identically, choose your scent. If there is a difference in performance I can't pick it

I would say from the five tobs creams I have tried they perform nearly identically, choose your scent. If there is a difference in performance I can't pick it
I concur...

Jeez Louise, this is like the Weber…except this tme I'm the only one without one!!! Might have to remedy this oversight very soon….since Mensboiz seems to go through this stuff pretty quickly!

….unless someone wants to go tub for tub for some XXX?

Last edited:
….unless someone wants to go tub for tub for some XXX?
Why trade a tub of XXX for this stuff?! Give me the XXX anyday! Perhaps if it was a RR soap with the Jermyn St scent...