Hi All...

@Pjotr Good question. I've personally chosen not to use tallow due to me not being able to get my hands on any locally. Plus I also believe that a great lather can be achieved without the use of tallow. I personally own a few that are tallow based and I enjoy them as much as the ones without it. I guess it all comes down to preference.

That being said, if I can source once locally I may actually incorporate it into future soaps.

I'm working on a new soap as we speak as I am not happy with the performance of the last 2 (thus why they are not listed on my site).

The feedback on the Soft Soap (or croap if you will) has been positive.

I'll get around to doing that video soon and will post the link, however, there may be some reviews out there earlier based on sales already.

@Pjotr Good question. I've personally chosen not to use tallow due to me not being able to get my hands on any locally. Plus I also believe that a great lather can be achieved without the use of tallow. I personally own a few that are tallow based and I enjoy them as much as the ones without it. I guess it all comes down to preference........

I agree with all that but it's just that I've never bought or seen a tube of shaving cream that's tallow based. Was just wondering why that is. Can the cream consistency not be achieved using tallow? Does the tallow actually go off if it's perpetually in a wetter/softer state? I know with a croap like Cella that it tends to turn yellow after a while. Is the tallow content responsible for this? etc etc.

Hi Anthony just checked out your website. One thing that made me hesitate was not quickly know what scent I want to purchase. More easy detail on fragrance please!!!

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page Ybbor? There is a small description, and the a larger one down further

Do any of your products have only essential oils in them and no fragrance oils?

@alfredus Thanks for checking out the site. Unfortunately I am only using Fragrance oils at this stage, however, I am going to dabble with essential oils as there are certain cents that are not available in Fragrance oils that I would like to create. So keep an eye out! ;-)
@Ybbor I've tried to be as descriptive as possible by describing the notes in each of the fragrances, however, what smells nice to may may be entirely different to someone else, but thank you for the feedback! I'll certainly take a look and revisit my descriptions as I know how frustrating it can be trying to work out what something smells like using words like "invigorating" "Fresh", etc.

In other news, my new tins have arrived, so I'll be making new scented soft soaps this afternoon.

If you can do sample packs I would be very keen to buy it an try the different scents

@Pjotr I don't have much experience with Tallow use in soaps/creams, however, from what I understand it adds to the "Creaminess" of the lather. See essentially, soaps are made up of different oils, butters and sometimes fats (like tallow, Lard, etc).
All of my products are currently Vegan ie. do not use any products from animals. I may dabble with a tallow based soap in the future. I own a few that are tallow based, however, I have no preference over one or the other. Personally I look for 2 things in a soap/cream. That is 1) Performance 2) Scent. But thats just my personal take on the matter.

I hope I've at least answered one of your questions. I'm not too sure about the yellow discolour when using tallow in soaps, although I would assume that it may be the case.

@Nonick Heard you loud and clear. I have some "Sample" pots on the way, so I aim to make some sampler packs that will contain each of my soft soaps as well as some of the glycerine based soap.
Initial feedback I've had on the Glycerin is that it's fantastic performance, however, the opening to the soap is too small. So thats why the discounted price. I aim to increase the cost slightly when the new tins are used.
Feedback on the soft soap is that performance is top notch with a nice face feel after the final rinse. The only complaint has been that the scent could have been a little stronger (which I am working on next batch). This is the honest feedback I have received so far. The only way I can excel is by listening to my customers.

If I got a sample kit would anyone be interested in passing it around with the purpose of giving our friend Anthony feedback?

If I got a sample kit would anyone be interested in passing it around with the purpose of giving our friend Anthony feedback?
Sounds like the job of P&CTB#3

But Borked by the sounds of the box2 there's 150 items to try and 10 nights to do it in. End up using a different soap and blade every pass and putting three balms on just to try em all. A little casual box could make it's way around with a selection.... [emoji12]

Maybe two boxes traveling at the same time is prudent ?

@Paul Smith Thank you :) I look forward to participating in the forums! Nice Pic by the way. Valet AutoStrop is one of my favourite razors!

Good news guys, I have successfully formulated a shaving Cream, and also expanded the "Soft Soap" collection (busy weekend!). However, this is a bit of a teaser, as it's currently undergoing field testing for feedback.
I hope to have them up on the site by the end of the week if the feedback comes back positive in all regards. I did the 20 min test on both yesterday and it passsed. I also shave with all my products to test for glide, and face feel afterwards, and both get a tick from my end. I went heavier on the scent this time around, as feedback from the initial "Forbidden Forest" was that the scent was a bit light but performance was really nice.

I went heavier on the scent this time around, as feedback from the initial "Forbidden Forest" was that the scent was a bit light but performance was really nice.

Yep. Agreed with my thoughts also. I haven't had a chance to shave with them yet but have put up an initial lather reviews. [emoji4]