More razors showing up on Kickstarter

eggbert

is full of Vision Collision
2018 Sabbatical
2017 Sabbatical
Da Menth Heads
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...he-last-razor-you-will-ever-need?ref=category

b3cf2774a0440d500308e3960fabad82_medium.jpg

another DLC coated Stainless Razor :sleep:.
Admittedly the brush/stand combo looks good.

I don't see the advantage of getting it as its got no track record. Maybe if they sent samples to a couple trusted reviewers it could be more compelling.

I don't see the advantage of getting it as its got no track record. Maybe if they sent samples to a couple trusted reviewers it could be more compelling.
Yeah. That's what the Whale... I mean Beluga razor peoples did. They sent it to Mantic59 and others to get it reviewed. It got them over the line for an over-hyped, over-priced face-plane. And if they could do it- so could these guys...

Well I have to say that one looks to be a LOT better value than some of the others. $USD150 gets you brush, razor, soap, stand, travel case and 60 blades - if you price that out it's reasonably fair value.

The thing is no detail on what the brush is made of - appears ST Badger but thats infinitely variable - soap appears like a small puck of MWF thats been rebranded, but again who knows - though thats small potatoes overall. Blades, see previous comment.

I find it somewhat odd that they propose making the razor from stainless stell and then applying black chromium - as from just reading up on that coating (dunno if that is same thing as DLC?) but they say it's generally applied to nickel) - plus I'd have thought coating a stainless steel razor kind of defeats the purpose of using the more expensive to manufacture stainless steel item......why not just use potmetal/zamack or brass etc? That'd bring the cost down loads and could be done to same or higher standard (as i highly doubt the entire razor is stainless steel as it's very costly/tricky to machine/finish etc).

I think they've deliberately not included a LOT of details so they can adjust down the track pending costs/hassles etc....but still that aside it is better value than all the other 'new' razor designs I've seen.

PS. Hate their intended/stamped branding on the blade cap!!!! You want a smooth surface not bloody indents that are going to have more drag and fill with soap residue.

The Eclipse red ring has a (admittedly shallower) stamp on the blade cap and I've never noticed any drag at all.
Eclipse-Red-Ring-Double-Edged-Safety-Razor-4.jpg

Ah you should know by now not take me too literally Egg - I didn't mean like it'd be like dragging an anchor down your face or anything that'd perhaps even noticeably impact your shave (your razor angle would have to be pretty severe/off to have the intented part touching your skin so prolly not a factor at all). Perhaps it's just a personal preference, I prefer I nice clean blade cap not the ones with stamped/indented branding on them.

Must be the magnet...

That one is not actually mine. Mine is distinctly user grade

Yet is it laser guided ??