November 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Aww, bugger...

als-48l-vf_base.jpg

Ahhhh….so you play hard, work up a lather, little wonder rhythm guitarists have bare chests...

banjo-4.gif

Was of the understanding that said item above is more suited for he environment found only within the far west of this wonderful god fearing, gun loving country, built upon the back of extradited thugs and their handlers!

banjo-4.gif

Was of the understanding that said item above is more suited for he environment found only within the far west of this wonderful god fearing, gun loving country, built upon the back of extradited thugs and their handlers!

No @borked that should be a five string banjo. It has a little tuning peg above the fourth fret which takes a higher pitched string which is played with the thumb to give the banjo that typical syncopated sound, which in turn characterises country or bluegrass music. This type of music gets a bad rap. Never understood that. Whether you like it or not it, like the blues, underpins and is woven one way or another in to almost every single bit of music you hear. It's snobbery actually. If Eddie Vedder grabs a mandolin and a ukulele and fills an album it's cool but when some poor schmuck from Kansas does it infinitely better but calls himself a country singer he'll be the kid from Deliverance.

No @borked that should be a five string banjo. It has a little tuning peg above the fourth fret which takes a higher pitched string which is played with the thumb to give the banjo that typical syncopated sound, which in turn characterises country or bluegrass music. This type of music gets a bad rap. Never understood that. Whether you like it or not it, like the blues, underpins and is woven one way or another in to almost every single bit of music you hear. It's snobbery actually. If Eddie Vedder grabs a mandolin and a ukulele and fills an album it's cool but when some poor schmuck from Kansas does it infinitely better but calls himself a country singer he'll be the kid from Deliverance.
I personally know not the difference, yet can say that I discovered...
due to...
and

Was just firing one upon the western broadside ;)

Yeah, the banjo loses it as the main instrument. They also have this ridiculous notion that finger picking at obscene speeds is impressive when it's just basically tedious.

My Oneplus One has arrived and it is a thing of beauty. No WiFi at work though so I can't gain superuser access to get it set up as I would like. Internode internet is down for the whole territory too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415004009.624485.jpg

Oh oh oh! And what is this that just arrived?

Shave time

Arrived today:
- Floid Virgorso
- Lucky Tiger Face tonic
- Speick Aftershave
- Speick shaving soap stick

Hmmmmm!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415062811.751737.jpg

Crusellas Eau de Cologne. I just picked up 5 bottles of different scents.

Anyone heard about this? From what I can discover, it's a cheap cologne (basically scented alcohol with nothing else) originally from Cuba. Probably along the lines of Clubman, Florida Water, etc.

Crusellas is a famous Cuban company that relocated to Florida after Fidel nationalized everything.

Part of the reason you won't be seeing many new shaving related purchases from me: My latest acquisition that is on its way from the US:
baby-jogger-city-mini-gt-2014-crimson-33.jpg

Not cheap, but less than half the price I can buy them from locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.