Bye all!

Greetings from London all!

The UK razor market is safe. I arrived on Wednesday morning and had the day free but only discovered that evening one of the largest antiques markets in London only happens Wednesday and Saturday. I'd missed Wednesday and Saturday I'm travelling to Oxford. There are other markets, Saturday being the biggest day for all, except for one that is on Friday, today, but it was pretty much closed by the time I got there!

Today after my meetings finished I went up to Regent Street/ Saville Row/ Jermyn Street. There is some truly amazing shops in this section of London!!!! Suits, shirts, shoes, cigars, you name it in men’s stuff – amazing. Woman’s of course too but certainly a MUST visit if you are ever in London.

I was overwhelmed very quickly by the various smells in the perfumer’s / shaving stores. Penhaligons in Regent Street even had a sale on - but not in any stuff I was interested in :(

Penhaligon's on Regent Street was the first stop -

Then I stumbled by acident across the Santa Maria Novella store -

Very good shaving cream I understand but at 40 quid a pop - $A72 - for the 220ml container I might pass, I'm too tight!

Next was D R Harris and Co -

Interesting, but nothing amazing.

The last one was Floris -

Again OK, but it was competing with the one beforehand, Taylors of Old Bond Street (which is in Jermyn Street!) -

W-O-W!!!!!!!

Now I've been into the famous Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC a few times but never have I been so overwhelmed in a shaving gear stockist that this place. For a start I've NEVER seen so many shaving brushes in my life! Most are their own brand (made by Simpsons?) but they have Simmos too. Imagine one of every brush size and style available - then multiple that ten-fold!

I didn't think to ask about taking photos inside but the WSJ has as you can see below -

BN-CU739_london_M_20140515124655.jpg

Certainly a MUST visit on any trip to the UK!

Envy, pure envy.
I hope you went with two on-legal sized pieces of luggage with a pair of undies, socks, a single shirt and one pair of travel pants between them….coz you'll be coming back L O A D E D !!!! Boy I'm even excited by the cosmetic cases - to say nothing about the Simpsons stand!!!!

I have a full bag and purchased only two tiny little things today ...

I have a full bag and purchased only two tiny little things today ...
From one who lives vicariously through others I am disappointed, thoroughly and utterly disappointed!!!
….unless you are saying those two tiny little things were a Joris razor and a Plisson brush of course.

And his Mrs has a Jimmy Choo shop for her den.

The much fabled @Mark1966 , flustered by another collection ? Albeit retail...
Well, I'll be !

BTW - BIG thanks again to @Nonick for the RBSellars suggestion.

Really good travel suggestion with lots of helpful touches (button up pockets, coin pocket)

BTW - BIG thanks again to @Nonick for the RBSellars suggestion.

Really good travel suggestion with lots of helpful touches (button up pockets, coin pocket)

Glad it's doing the trick! Coin pocket has room for a few spare vintage blades you see, and the buttons stop your brushes from falling out

So I finished my course today and am a tourist again.

The highlight of the course? The dinner last night. Where was it you say?

That would be the one at Oxford! The 17th Century Dining Hall no less - not a bad venue

Another special memory

Hopefully some of the intelligence from that place was inhaled and digested by you during your time there! [emoji13]

Wow @Mark1966 nice venue but look at that crowd. Jeez, you sure you didn't have your dinner crashed by the class next door doing "Accountancy Adventure Training 301: Insolvency, Liquidity and Probate" or maybe the RSPB Annual meeting of the Oxfordshire Ornithological Society?

How long you got as a tourist? Back to London or staying in the counties?