"Grand Society" - WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear - time to lock this thread and ban the lot of you.

Can i do that?
Please do as it's gone too far!

I'm glad someone mentioned the YKWesqueness of this new banner. Next we'll collect a Brown Leaf and start adding BOTOC, BOTFWs, etc. to our signature blocks. Oh fuck! What's next photographing our arse fluff?

Not everybody is invited ...
Ahem, are you not an associate member ?
I believe the founders of this fine institution agreed that you're worthy of an associate membership.

Actually I still don't know what the Grand Society thing is but as @Mark1966 hasn't got one of those under his avatar it can't be anything seriously shaving related. By the way it looks very YKWish, with banners and bogus titles under avatars.
It could be said that you would be well advised to view the comments above, as I'm positive the last thing upon your mind when entering here, was to besmirch the name of one of our associates.

It's gayer than aids.

For a site that professes to be different from YKW, it's rapidly emulating YKW in its mannerisms.
Only if you take it to heart/seriously ;)

Where's @Drubbing , he'd set us all straight on this matter.

Actually I miss the surly old fella where is he?

As I mentioned to @SmallYetDeadly , if @Nonick usurped me during my absence I'm thinking off being the new Drubs if he's not around. I could do it. I could use the same gear everyday, kill the joy of smilies and use of certain verbiage.

My position is it seems to be inviting a tone of conversation that's a bit too 'self consciously polite'. It's why the G word was banned. And everyone always abides by that one…

Just because I got mod tools doesn't mean I get a say. It's not my site. But the merit badge thing isn't my thing.

So long as you're fighting over religion, gun laws and politics, we're on the right track.

Okay, I don't do this very often, but:

Seriously, get a bloody sense of humour - that goes for the lot of you.

Like everything here, it's a joke. It's meant to be funny, it comes organically from something someone said - just like the custom titles. Someone says something stupid and they get lumped with it - at least for a while. We have a sense of humour here unlike some other forums. They take these banners and 'clubs' seriously. We don't - we are taking the piss out of them (and ourselves in the process).

The Grand Society is exactly the same. We are stupid enough to spend hundreds of dollars and get 1,000 blades - or multiples thereof - in one go. At a blade a week, that 19 YEARS of shaving with the same blade. How stupid is that when for the most part most of us like the variety which comes from changing our hardware and software on a regular basis?

Some of the reactions here are what I would expect from the septics over the pond, not here. And for that I am disappointed.

It is hard to know online with a dry sense of humour whether people are serious pissed or just taking the piss.

For what it is worth I was doing the latter.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Normal service to be resumed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.